BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2006 M5. I have a Blackberry Tour - though I doubt that matters. Whenever I am in the car, even at low speeds with air off - windows up - and smooth roads, everyone complains they can hardly hear me. They state it sounds like my windows are down. I usually have to unpair the phone and use speaker phone (which sounds much better to others) or illegally put it to my ear.

I've searched around the forum but only seen threads on upgrading the mic in an E39. Is this issue common in an E60? Is there an upgrade or fix for the E60 M5?

Thanks!

Jamie

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Just trying to get back up front. No one else hears major complaints from callers when you are driving in the M5 and using the built in blue tooth?

·
Registered
7 Posts
'06 BT

+1

I too have an '06. I've called my office voice mail from my car and left myself a few messages to hear what the other side sounds like. It sounds pretty awful. I first noticed the problem when calling voice-prompt systems like TellMe (1-800-555-TELL).

Saying simple things like "News Center" or "Weather", which would get recognized 99% of the time in my other paired cars or headsets, almost 100% of the time in my M5 fails.

When I call others I speak loudly and for the most part everyone understands me. No matter how loud I speak to an automated system though it never seems to work.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
+1

I too have an '06. I've called my office voice mail from my car and left myself a few messages to hear what the other side sounds like. It sounds pretty awful. I first noticed the problem when calling voice-prompt systems like TellMe (1-800-555-TELL).

Saying simple things like "News Center" or "Weather", which would get recognized 99% of the time in my other paired cars or headsets, almost 100% of the time in my M5 fails.

When I call others I speak loudly and for the most part everyone understands me. No matter how loud I speak to an automated system though it never seems to work.
Thanks for responding - we can't be the only ones. Curious if anyone already knows of the fix or if I need a visit to the Stealer...

·
Registered
103 Posts
I think it's a phone thing - some just work better with the BMW Bluetooth systems than others. With my WM device and my Pre, people didn't even know I was on Bluetooth, but with my current HTC EVO, I get complaints often.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts