BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Okay guys, so the car is up for sale.

$69,000 including RAC Monolites AND OEM wheels.
$68,000 including just the RAC Monolites
$65,000 including just the OEM wheels

Mileage: approximately 21,000
Options: Black perforated merino leather, ventilated seats, M Multi-function seats, fold-down rear seats, comfort access, Heads-up display (HUD), rear sunshades, aluminum trim.

Upgrades: K&N intakes (also have stock airboxes), Dinan FRC and rear sway bar, EvoSport Pulley kit, Solaris silver bulb kit, aluminum custom pedals, Umnitza Predator ICE angel eye bulbs.

RAC Monolites wheels with 275/30 and 305/30 tires, Toyo T1R, with only about 500 miles on them. Stock wheels will be included for the right buyer or are going on the block here for some non-M owner or winter-tire buyer who might want them soon ($1500 if anyone is interested).

Car has been meticulously cared for, with Zaino products gracing this Beast since day 1 along with a few other nice car care products for various interior and exterior points.

This Beast was built in April 2006 just for me lovelove Yes, I had a few transmission cogs early on, but nothing that left me stranded like some (Ashok) and the sensor recall and software update took care of that...haven't had one since. Lots of pictures in my profile, but here are a few attached here. As soon as I have my custom website up for the car, I'll post it here.

I realize that there are various examples as low as under $60k of similar cars. I did some research on AutoTrader, and I can tell you that most of the cars there all over the country under $60k don't have the full perforated leather...you can tell just looking at the pics! this was a big deal to me, as the leather is very nice and I wanted the seat ventilation. Despite what you hear about ventilation not being that great, trust me, it works well enough here in Vegas at 110+ heat to be worth every penny.

Also, as a private party seller, Nevada does not charge any sales tax. You may or may not have to pay sales tax to your state if you buy from me (I think California often does this), but if you are a Nevada resident, a resident in another state with no sales tax, or you have a similar used-car purchase provision as Nevada, there is no sales tax from me! Save yourself a few thousand dollars compared to dealers, AND get the complete and full history on the car you're buying. Trust me, that will be valuable when you go to sell the car as a second owner too.

Attachments

·
Registered
177 Posts
I am in the market for a used Interlagos Blue or Sapphire Black M5, but your asking price is at least $10k over the prevailing market price.

I searched Autotrader and there are 63 2006 M5's for under $60k around the country and half of those cars have less than 20k miles. Also, lots of those cars are nicely optioned examples such as yours.

If you are truly serious about selling your car versus dreaming about your current asking price, then I am very serious potential buyer. I am a cash buyer with no financing contingencies, but I know the true market values of these cars.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Bump for updates and edited price schedule.

·
Registered
3,249 Posts
gl james !! whats on the horizon ??

i know you were thinking about this , but pls tell me/us your master plan !!

·
Registered
8,300 Posts
James ?? Prius ??

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Well, ultimately I'm looking at a career shift, and the M5 has really become the extra car for me right now that I don't need. While things may unfold differently before then, I hope to be entering an MBA program in August 2009, and so I'll just keep my sights set on an F10 M5 in 2011 or 2012. It will be a very sad day when, in the next month or two, I have to part ways with her and hand her off to the lucky next owner. I knew I would probably let her go at about 3 years, but it just makes more sense for me to pass her on now.

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Vehicle sticker attached.

Attachments

·
Registered
119 Posts
I am in the market for a used Interlagos Blue or Sapphire Black M5, but your asking price is at least $10k over the prevailing market price.

I searched Autotrader and there are 63 2006 M5's for under $60k around the country and half of those cars have less than 20k miles. Also, lots of those cars are nicely optioned examples such as yours.

If you are truly serious about selling your car versus dreaming about your current asking price, then I am very serious potential buyer. I am a cash buyer with no financing contingencies, but I know the true market values of these cars.

Thanks
fyi

http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=65482&d=1211470832

·
Registered
12,398 Posts
FYI-

Virtually all states charge USE tax which is paid when you register in your state. (So you don't pay in the state in which you buy, but in the state where you return it to.)

A California resident will pay tax when they bring a car home to register.

If you happen to pay sales tax in a 'foreign state', California will give you a 'credit' on what you paid. (ie if you paid 6% in Florida, then when you register in CA they will only charge 1.5% assuming your local CA rate is 7.5%)

I think you can get around this if you buy it in NV, use it outside CA for at least 6 months.... otherwise the tax man WILL get you!

A

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Ard and others regarding sales tax. It varies from state to state. Nevada residents have a sales tax exemption when buying a used vehicle from a private party. This applies even if you buy a used vehicle out of state from a private party. Vehicles bought from a dealer carry sales tax (like most states), even used cars from a dealer, because they also nicely give a sales tax credit when you trade-in a vehicle to a dealer. If an Oregon buyer (state with no sales tax) were to buy the car from me here in Nevada, there would be no sales tax for anybody. If you state has the used car sales tax provision like Nevada, then you also would have no sales tax in a private party transaction like this.

From Nevada's DMV site: Sales Taxes are not collected on private party vehicle sales that occurred on or after January 1, 2006. On private sales that occurred in 2005 or earlier, sales taxes are paid to DMV based either on the depreciated Manufacturers Suggested Retail Price (MSRP) or a vehicle appraisal.

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Prices are falling! Ouch this hurts.

$67k all wheels.
$66k RAC Monolites
$63k OEM wheels.

·
Registered
915 Posts
$67k all wheels.
$66k RAC Monolites
$63k OEM wheels.

want to sell me the RAC monolites? g/l on the sale.

·
Registered
8,300 Posts
original tires and wheels???

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
depends on what you're asking in regards to the original tires/wheels. If for sale? Not yet. Most of my requests, including a standing offer for the car, are for the original tires/wheels and me keeping the RACs (and continuing to sell them here).

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
$67k all wheels.
$66k RAC Monolites
$63k OEM wheels.

Lots of pictures up at
www.wedewer.com/m5

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
bbbbbb bump!

I have a standing offer for $60k, cash, with OEM wheels. Anybody think that if I want to sell, I should just take the deal?

·
Registered
142 Posts
Take the offer. That is a very fair price.
Al

bbbbbb bump!

I have a standing offer for $60k, cash, with OEM wheels. Anybody think that if I want to sell, I should just take the deal?

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Wife is pushing for this to sell, so here it goes...

$60,000 firm, OEM wheels.
$63,000 w/ RAC Monolites
$64,000 with all

Car just turned over the 22,000 mile mark. About 1k of that on the brand new T1R tires on the RACs, so basically they're just broken-in now. Remember, if you're in a state with no sales tax, or a Nevada resident, you will pay NO sales tax on this since it's a private party sale. Your state also might have a private-party provision like Nevada, such that any private-party car purchase from any state will have no sales tax charged by Nevada.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts