BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
For sale is my 2006 BMW M5 with 86,975 miles. I purchased my M5 in May and I've done a number of repairs since then. Unfortunately, I lost my job in September and I just can't afford to keep this car anymore.

Since May, I've done the following repairs on my M5 (~$7000 in total):

- oil cooler (June 2014)
- hood shocks (August 2014)
- cabin air filters (August 2014)
- rear brakes & rotors (September 2014)
- clutch, flywheel (September 2014)
- Hydraulic Unit (SMG) Electric Motor (September 2014)
- battery cable (September 2014)
- slave cylinder (September 2014)

** During my clutch replacement, I replaced a lot of small things, such as the ball pin, clutch release fork lever, spring clip, and guide bushing. **

I've done two oil changes since May and I've driven ~7000 miles over that time. I do mostly highway driving, especially for trips from Northern VA to Richmond, so ~80% of that mileage is highway.

Since May, the car has been throwing intermittent codes for the thermostat, but I haven't had any problems, so I haven't bothered to replace that. I've heard that people get emissions errors and the check engine light, but my M5 hasn't had that.

Also, on Thursday, my car acted up for the first time and I got the red cog of death and the yellow cog, transmission faults. The codes point to the clutch position sensor. My mechanic cleared the codes and reset everything, and now I am not having any problems. It's really strange. Should this need to be replaced later down the line, I was quoted $960 for the replacement at a shop that is fairly expensive, but specializes in these cars.

I have already replaced two of the parts that often fail on the SMG Transmission, the slave cylinder and hydraulic unit electric motor, so you don't have to worry about those.

My M5 has air conditioned seats, a feature that most do not have. It has the SMG Transmission, V10 engine, etc. All of the features an M5 has except the heads-up display. Tinted windows, the rims are sprayed, painted M on the calibers, etc.

I am asking for $22,000, given all of the major work I just did to the car, I feel that my asking price is more than reasonable. If you're interested, please contact me at ####### or PM me or email me at **********@gmail.com. I am located in Richmond, VA.

Attachments

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
please delete this thread. I am getting way too much spam. I emailed the owners of the board and reported this, but NOTHING.

PLEASE -- A MODERATOR -- DELETE THIS.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts