BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,533 Posts
and you will need another 20gs to fix it you can find a non wraped car for that amount

·
Registered
4,404 Posts
"IT RUNS AND DRIVES". Maybe it runs for a few moments, but I cannot see how it drives. I should call and ask if I can take it out on a test drive.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
915 Posts
i dont think that car will even turn on...

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
There is no way. That engine looks like it is likely done, so $20k for a new one of those and then all of the other work. That's not going to be a cheap fix and once it is fixed, it still won't be worth much. I'd say that this car is a total...pull off any valuable parts and send it to the shredder.

·
Registered
427 Posts
"IT RUNS AND DRIVES". Maybe it runs for a few moments, but I cannot see how it drives. I should call and ask if I can take it out on a test drive.:rolleyes:
+1

·
Registered
2,881 Posts
I got scared for a moment...

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
If it was just some simple front-end damage, I don't see why insurance would have salvaged the car. Doesn't even look like it has the radiators up front.

Like BD 997...got scared for a moment!

·
Registered
513 Posts

·
Registered
3,176 Posts
Don't forget, the insurance company probably wrote it off for 10 cents on the dollar (mostly likely even less). The salvage yard bought it on the cheap and is turning it around and is trying to make a huge profit on it.

As davem3smg says, by the you dump money into fixing this "runs and drives" beast, you're back into a real undamaged "runs and drives" beast.....

1 - 13 of 13 Posts