BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I completed my engine and SMG swap with the help of several forum members:
2006 BMW M5 E60 S85 Engine Replacement from 2010 BMW M5 E60 S85 donor vehicle | Page 10 | BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums (m5board.com)\

I took the car for its 1st test drive this week. It drive great and it puurrrsss. What a great car!

But it threw some check control messages for:
1) DSC (caused by steering angle sensor fault?)
2) DBC (caused by steering angle sensor fault?)
3) Flat Tire Monitor (may be caused by aftermarket race wheels that came with the car. No TPMS sensors?)
4) Start off assistance. (I could not find much about this by searching the forum. But may be caused by me pressing the button under the flip cover in the cabin )
See attached picture.

So I ran ISTA. I cleared all fault memory and these two came back immediately:
005E40: DSC: Steering-angle sensor: plausibility
00A536: SDARS: Satellite aerial: open circuit

I did some thread searches. I think it is a possibility I need to clean my steering angle sensor in order to clear the DSC, DBC, and steering angle sensor issues. Anyone have an educated guess on this one?

Henry

Attachments

·
Registered
892 Posts
Nice to hear that Henry,
It is a great car.

For the SZL fault do the steering angle calibration under suspension in ISTA. The fault means that the offset is exceeded the limit.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Platii, that worked. Hopefully the fault will not return when I start driving.

And even though the fault code 00A536 is still present in ISTA, there is no longer a check control message on the center console for the satellite. Even the TPMS went away. It reads ''All systems OK'. I bet the TPMS and satellite come back once I start driving again.

Thank you.

Henry

1 - 4 of 4 Posts