BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On the front of my M5 I have these five (what appear to be LEDs) on either side and a long strip that goes right to the front of the lights. I saw a 5 series drive past me on the other side of the road with them on. Does The M5 not have them? My M5 Is a 2006 55 Reg.

What Are They?

How Do You Turn Them On? (Because I Can't & I've Tryed Everthing)

What Is The Daytime Running Lights Option For On The Idrive Menu Because That Does't Do Anything Either?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Can;t say I've ever noticed the 5 leds so I just went outside to check! Yes they light up when either side lights or main lights are on. Not sure why they wouldn;t on yours, did you have engine running when you tried yourself?

Daytime running lights options simply means the main head lights are on whenever the engine is running.

·
Premium Member
2,217 Posts
The DRL (daytime running lights) is the inside halo on each light not the primary light.

I have my DRL's on all the time (with white angel eyes). If you have yellow eyes then keep them off :nono:

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
The DRL (daytime running lights) is the inside halo on each light not the primary light.

I have my DRL's on all the time (with white angel eyes). If you have yellow eyes then keep them off :nono:
That WOULD be the best and most atractrive set up for sure! However here in the UK DRL turns on primary lights. To be honest I have white angel eyes and usually turn to position 1. I wondered if DRL was different on my beast than others but other M5s here I tried using DRL on always turn on primary lights. Shame because the white angel eyes should be a standard selection......

·
Registered
76 Posts

that depends on the color of the car.... on a sepang bronze the combo of yellow angel eyes with the car color looks nice...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Problem Sorted!

Just been to my nearest BMW Dealer, They've said because my M5 isn't an 'LCI' Model It hasn't had the lights activated so have had to pay £200 to have them activated

1 - 8 of 8 Posts