BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 44 Posts

· Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
kept this to myself - Substitute for the M5 ...I know this is a M5 forum but it is a V10. Both myself and a friend took delivery today.

Attachments

· Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
If you click on "View my Cars" you'll see pictures of the Gallardo.

Just came back from the M40 motorway - the car is awesome.

It just sounds awesome. Fully loaded with MP3, Satnav - the works.

Let me know what you think.

Hitting down town London with my mates :) see you later.

· Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Errr this car is amazing

Toooooooo much attention - just filling this bulldog at the petrol station gets you the wow factor.

The E-Gears are great - gear change is near instantaneous - the car is just too new to blast - you can sort of smell the clutch or something. Windows are a little small and am disappointed that the gallardo's doors aren't the traditional Lamborghini up and over style....to get that you need to spend a lot more money...with the Murcieolago.

I lost count on the number of times cars were pulling upto me staying on my wing and then going back a little to check the beast. I know I know its new but I had to put my foot down to see their expressions.

The ride is really hard - this isn't a urban car where you have pot holes or speed bumps - its a car for the open road. Near my town we have access to a motorway into London and orbital around London - its a car for the open road.

The build quality is German - Audi owns the car - you can tell the build quality difference between Ferrari and Lamborghini.

The dashboard quality - interior build, headlining, equipment, body - its all German and so so SOLID.

The Lamborghini is a real thoroughbread of a car - its looks in my personal opinion are better than say the 360 and performance is on par however the Ferrari engine sounds much much better.

I am sure people on this board have their own opinions but when you place a gallardo and 360 together and rev engines the Ferrari stands out however the Gallardo is one mean looking beast.

Having driven this all of a sudden a BMW or Mercedes is seen in a different light.

If anyone on this board and in the UK is interested in getting a Gallardo at trade price - send me a private message....you won't regret it.

· Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 · (Edited)
500 MILE REPORT

Gallardo is definitely not a every day car - you get tired driving the beast
and around corners its not so good, you feel the back slipping but that’s
down to its immense power train. The car requires a lot of effort to drive.

E Gears are brilliant – after driving my first automatic I could not go back
To a manual supercar. I’m glad the M5 is not a manual, the fun is changing
Gears at the steering level.

The noise this V10 makes is quite extraordinary - you can hear this car from a one/two mile radius when blasting up/down the gears.

Attachments

· Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
z8tako said:
For me, actually, I got bored with eGear at around 6k miles and have been driving only 6 speed one. I am driving also in crowded city every day but I found 6 speed less tired because it is more controlable..... I have been driving it every day as daily driver for last 15 months and I am comfortable with it... Just personal opinion though. I am even ordering F430 in 6 speed, which is less than 10% of current order!!

Some people always talk about Gallardo and Murcie as Audi car but it is not true. It is definitely Lambo just with better Germany technology because Audi doesn't excite me that much but Lambo does a lot.

Anyway, Ghufran, Gallardo is a great car, and after 1000 miles or so, ECU adopts your car much better and its control gets much smoother. I also recommend you Larini sports exhaust system, which provides you much better power and response. ENJOY IT!!!!!!!!!!
Z8tako,
I take on board what your saying - Gallardo is clearly "not" a Audi - I hate Audi's I don't like the look or feel of a Audi. I've been a BMW fan but I'm now dealing with Lambo's . Its a prestige and altogether a different experience.
I've got another Gallardo (Blue Caelum) coming end of May and name down for Gallardo Roadster coming in Jan 2007. I plan to keep the Gallardo coming in July long term...I love that blue colour.

M5 is on the back burner at the moment but have managed to get the CLS 55 AMG for May. German build/engineering without a doubt is top. Our staff carpark is full of Ferrari's - they are awesome cars however the build is not as good as a german built Gallardo.

I have to say the dials in the Gallardo come out of a Audi !!!!!

· Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
mhh said:
I agree with Ghufran that the Gallardo is quite a physical car to drive, even with E-gear which I have also. The car feels quite heavy at town speed and has a hard ride. The engine prefers a certain amount of revs, below which it isn't as happy. You usually have company when you drive - a guy in your blind spot with a camera phone - so this needs concentration.

But when your speed rises, the car takes on a different character, becoming lighter to the touch. The high speed ride is excellent considering the body control that comes with it. The engine gets a chance to get into its stride, and feels very strong - and then you realise that you haven't been over 5000rpm yet. As you pass 6000 rpm the car starts to shriek and lunge forward. The e-gear which is a little clunky at town speeds changes character too -particularly in sport - with incredible-sounding short throttle rips that make your spine tingle every time (and I've done 20,000km). I usually drive with my window down to hear the symphony. You can do this with out getting blown away up to quite high speeds due to the inboard seating position.

With the 4wd, the way the car tackles corners is something else. As you apply power, the car goes from mild understeer to 100% neutral and hunkered down, and then leaps from the corner on to the straight. The car will tour OK, but it is best along a winding road with dips and crests. The ease of the e-gear (and the insane engine note that goes with the gear changes) encourages more gear shifts that you would make in a manual. Many times on a Sunday morning I've turned around and gone back to do it all again. My wife sometimes suspects I've got a mistress as she doesn't buy my excuse for being home later than I said I would, but I'm sure you guys will understand.

Apart from the rather stiff feel to the car around town, the main problem with the Gallardo is that you now exist in a parallel universe to everyone else, gazing into space on a nice day and trying to find an excuse to get out of boring meetings to head for the countryside to attack those favourite roads one more time.

I'm looking forward to my M5 getting here, but as you can see, I'm not suffering too much while I wait. ;)
mhh...that is a beautiful colour and perfect for the country you live in.
I would love to drive on those long stretches of road you have out there. There's some nice shots there in "view my car". I see you also have a E55 AMG or is that two ? very nice collection.

1 - 7 of 44 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.