BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
kept this to myself - Substitute for the M5 ...I know this is a M5 forum but it is a V10. Both myself and a friend took delivery today.

Attachments

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
If you click on "View my Cars" you'll see pictures of the Gallardo.

Just came back from the M40 motorway - the car is awesome.

It just sounds awesome. Fully loaded with MP3, Satnav - the works.

Let me know what you think.

Hitting down town London with my mates :) see you later.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nimbus said:
In picture showing the steering wheel, what's up with the "R" button to the right ?
click back both - and + on the F1 setting and then press R for reverse

·
Registered
520 Posts
Ghufran, I heartily approve. :haha:

Welcome to the club! Great colour combination too, and with the right gearbox. I went out for a morning run with a black G a little while back and it looks amazing coming up in your mirrors. I hope you aren't the shy type, as you're in for some attention.

Here's where we stopped for breakfast...

Attachments

·
Registered
205 Posts
Ghufran said:
click back both - and + on the F1 setting and then press R for reverse
Jeeeezzz, What a mess, I prefer my brother-in-law's ' 91 Diablo, old fashion hardcore supercar :cheers:

·
Registered
3,886 Posts
Gustav said:
Wow wow wow. Lovely, I prefeer the Gallardo styling alot over the Murcieolago. Have a look at this Gallardo vs Porsche 996 GT3 RS video from last years Gumball:

http://www.gt3000.com/videos/chasing_rory.mpg

You clearly see that the Gallardo is faster.
And, the Gallardo has by far the better driver. Depending on how much was bent on the GT3, that car may never be the same. Dummy, dummy, dummy.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Congrats on that little devil! :)

Did you go for the louder exhaust version offered by factory?
So, there`s a lift system available too in the 2005 model(standard?), must be useful.

·
Registered
399 Posts
I tried to order M5 in Japan. First lot was 20 of them and all sold out!! I also have been driving my two Gallardos for last 16 months. I love that car!! Enjoy it, congrat!

·
Registered
5,396 Posts
WOW! Very nice!

·
Registered
3,571 Posts
Congratulations, very sharp looking interior too! The car just looks so good at all angles. (see attached)

Do tell us more about your auto experience, certainly seems like you have many stories to share! :)

Attachments

·
Registered
197 Posts
@Ghufran,

Congratulations, I am from Germay but I study at Uni in Southampton and already saw two Gallardos here, the car is just amazing and the "WOW" factor for me personally is bigger with the Gallardo than the Murc!

Excellent Choice, take good care of the car! :cheers:

Gustav said:
Wow wow wow. Lovely, I prefeer the Gallardo styling alot over the Murcieolago. Have a look at this Gallardo vs Porsche 996 GT3 RS video from last years Gumball:
Hey Gustav:M5thumbs:

Just to let you know, it is a GT3 Clubsport and not an RS! (I dont know if you call it like this in English, too, but thats how you call it in Germany!)

Wolverine said:
And, the Gallardo has by far the better driver. Depending on how much was bent on the GT3, that car may never be the same. Dummy, dummy, dummy.
The car has been fixed and is in its normal and perfect running conditions at the moment. So yes, the car is the same again, it became even better cause the suspension has been modified recently!:byee55amg

Regards,

Hendrik

·
Registered
675 Posts
wow ghufran,great car.I was thinking of one after my tt burnt out,and especially after I drove one up on the Moors.What a great great car,just too impractical for me and too attention grabbing round Oldham.
You are going to have a lot of fun.

z8tako with 2 ????????? what the hell do you for a living and how can you buy 2 of the same car ?

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Errr this car is amazing

Toooooooo much attention - just filling this bulldog at the petrol station gets you the wow factor.

The E-Gears are great - gear change is near instantaneous - the car is just too new to blast - you can sort of smell the clutch or something. Windows are a little small and am disappointed that the gallardo's doors aren't the traditional Lamborghini up and over style....to get that you need to spend a lot more money...with the Murcieolago.

I lost count on the number of times cars were pulling upto me staying on my wing and then going back a little to check the beast. I know I know its new but I had to put my foot down to see their expressions.

The ride is really hard - this isn't a urban car where you have pot holes or speed bumps - its a car for the open road. Near my town we have access to a motorway into London and orbital around London - its a car for the open road.

The build quality is German - Audi owns the car - you can tell the build quality difference between Ferrari and Lamborghini.

The dashboard quality - interior build, headlining, equipment, body - its all German and so so SOLID.

The Lamborghini is a real thoroughbread of a car - its looks in my personal opinion are better than say the 360 and performance is on par however the Ferrari engine sounds much much better.

I am sure people on this board have their own opinions but when you place a gallardo and 360 together and rev engines the Ferrari stands out however the Gallardo is one mean looking beast.

Having driven this all of a sudden a BMW or Mercedes is seen in a different light.

If anyone on this board and in the UK is interested in getting a Gallardo at trade price - send me a private message....you won't regret it.

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
is that a toyota mr2 back? :1:

sorry. could not help it. i think the baby lambo back is hideous...

other than that- a low admission price to the new lambo club the gallardo is... never driven one, but i assume the car is a delight for the senses :wroom: please keep us updated - more specifically about reliability...

now if only 6.0 diablos get cheaper....

alex
few cars

1 - 20 of 44 Posts