BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
3,469 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Folks,

As I have been super busy last year, I did not organize many Bay Area lunches. I'm trying to atone for my prior sins. Would Friday, 1-21-2005 be a good day? I'll bring the RUF for E-ticket rides.

As for place, we went to Ming's (in Palo Alto) quite a bit as it is pretty centrally located, and have a big parking lot. We have also gone to Faultline Brewery in Sunnyvale. I'm afraid to go there as Bob always ended up paying. So I'll nominate Ming's. If anyone has other suggestions, please feel free to share.

Please indicate your interest. Thanks.

CP

·
10,455 Posts
chunpng said:
We have also gone to Faultline Brewery in Sunnyvale. I'm afraid to go there as Bob always ended up paying.
CP
That is too true!
I'd be up for it... it is a bit of a trek for me, so i'd better check the work schedule before I'm 100%...
Mike

·
Registered
92 Posts
Please count me in. Unfortunately, I've got my first service appt scheduled for that day. Oil Change, Bluetooth, Aux input, etc. :)

But am really looking forward to seeing some of the other M5s in the Bay Area.

Cheers,
-Darryl

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
chunpng said:
I'm afraid to go there as Bob always ended up paying. So I'll nominate Ming's.

Please indicate your interest. Thanks.

CP
Funny how that happens...

Either location would be good for me. I need to go to the south bay next week anyway, so I'll just try to schedule for Friday...

Hope to see you all then!

Jeff.

·
Banned
386 Posts
i might be up for it

·
Registered
189 Posts
Pong,

I'll be there.....and if you guys don't mind, probably with the wifey and son again ... gotta start 'em early :)

Can't wait to see (ride :haha:) the RUF!

Regards,
Charles

·
Registered
252 Posts
Pong,
I'm up for lunch. I can't make it until about 1245--100pm or so, but I'm sure you guys will still be talking, gawking, and eating.

Eddie.

p.s. I went to the dark side and followed Bob U's lead. Can you say 4D turbo rocket EVO? :1:

·
Registered
3,469 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hi All,

Per Bob's request. Can we make the 1-21-05 lunch at 1 pm at Faultline at 1235 Oakmead Parkway, Sunnyvale ((408-736-2739) ?

For anyone interesting in karting before-hand. They start at 12 noon. May be Bob can kindly fill in the Karting details. I will not make the Karting, but I'd be at Faultline by 12:45 pm and stay for as long as people like.

Thanks.

CP

·
Registered
189 Posts
chunpng said:
Hi All,

Per Bob's request. Can we make the 1-21-05 lunch at 1 pm at Faultline at 1235 Oakmead Parkway, Sunnyvale ((408-736-2739) ?

For anyone interesting in karting before-hand. They start at 12 noon. May be Bob can kindly fill in the Karting details. I will not make the Karting, but I'd be at Faultline by 12:45 pm and stay for as long as people like.

Thanks.

CP
No problem for me as I work in Sunnyvale. What's this about karting? Some more information? ??????

Charles

·
10,455 Posts
UltFamCar said:
No problem for me as I work in Sunnyvale. What's this about karting? Some more information? ??????

Charles
I believe speedring in santa clara, Bob was working on getting a 12:00 time slot. Probably do a couple of 12 min sessions (maybe back to back, so we make lunch on time?! a real 'iron man' karting session?)
Mike

·
Registered
219 Posts
The South Bay M5 lunch will be on Friday 1/21, 1:00 at the Faultline Brewing Company in Sunnyvale. :cheers: The Faultline is located near Hwy 101 and Lawrence Expwy at 1235 Oakmead Pkwy. Please reply to this thread if you can make it so I can get an accurate head count.

http://www.faultlinebrewing.com

For those that care to join in more fun. I am reserving some spots at the SpeedRing indoor kart track which is located just a couple miles away from the Faultline. We will be driving in a 25 minute sprint race beginning at 12:00. The sprint race is comprised of a 5 minute warm-up and qualifying period. Drivers are than gridded up according to fastest lap time. Than, it's a standing start and off for 20 minutes of wheel to wheel racing fun!

All kart drivers MUST arrive at the SpeedRing by 11:30 SHARP for driver orientation (please do not be late). SpeedRing provides the driving suit, gloves, helmet, neck brace, and locker. You are welcome to bring your own helmet (SA2000 full coverage & visor), gloves and neck brace if you desire. The cost is $50 per driver which may be discounted dependant on the number in our group. Please email me ASAP at [email protected] if you would like to join us for karting. I assure you... it's really a lot of fun! :wroom:

http://www.speedring-kartracing.com

So come on out and enjoy the company of your fellow M5ers and check out all the possibilities for your next M5 mod (headers, 3.45 diff, wheels, suspension, exhaust, TV-Nav, SSK, etc.)

Thanks!
Bob

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
20 Minutes? I don't know if I can take that much of a beating :wroom:

In that much time, I'll probably be lapped at least TWICE!

That said, SOMEBODY needs to be lapped, so I'm in...

:cheers:

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
I think I'll pass on the karting, I don't think I have time to get sweaty that day.

Of the karting places in the area, Speedring has the most elaborate facilities but as of the last time I was there, the slowest karts. LeMans Karting in Fremont has a simpler but more open track and much quicker karts. GoKart Racer in Burlingame's kinda in between on kart speed but the track has pretty much no passing zones.

·
10,455 Posts
JEM said:
I think I'll pass on the karting, I don't think I have time to get sweaty that day.

Of the karting places in the area, Speedring has the most elaborate facilities but as of the last time I was there, the slowest karts. LeMans Karting in Fremont has a simpler but more open track and much quicker karts. GoKart Racer in Burlingame's kinda in between on kart speed but the track has pretty much no passing zones.
I've heard that too.
I brought my office staff to lemans karting one sunday about 6 months ago, and must say i was extremely disappointed in their customer service. They were very insistant that we arrive on time etc(threatening 'if you're not hear by 930, you will not get your full track time, which starts at 10), and we were left sitting in their parking lot, with 2 of the employees who did not have keys, for nearly an hour. When the someone arrived with a key, she said we were not scheduled to arrive that early (although the 2 guys who showed up for work seemed to know a large party was comming at 930 for a 10am session) and was really rude to us (her offer "well, if you just want to cancel, i'll refund your credit card less the cancelation charge..."). Needless to say, i'll never go back to lemans karting.... sorry for the rant. (in the end, we had fun, and I won...)
Mike

·
Registered
189 Posts
Bob,

I'll be there for lunch but not karting. Thanks for organizing! :thumbsup:

Regards,
Charles

1 - 20 of 36 Posts