BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Everyone,

I tried to search for a similar topic, but couldn't find anything. Does anyone know if these wheels will fit on our cars?

They're beaufitul. I must have them.

-Matt

·
Registered
267 Posts
Me too but those look different then the ones I saw and the rotors please, the pics doesn't do the rotors justice

·
Registered
177 Posts
Those are the M3 CSL wheels. I think you can find them if you search for CSL wheels in a thread.

·
Registered
177 Posts
I could swear I've seen them on an M5...check the board for threads. Also, if you like that look you should like the BBS CH's...very similar look.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah, I see that, but I like the customized //M logo in the wheels on the M3. They may fit if spacers are used, but I still don't think it'd be perfect. I'm just getting tired of looking at the peeling shadow chrome finish on my wheels and having the dealerships tell me they won't do anything because I didn't buy the car from them. BMW NA says no dice either.

-M

·
Registered
177 Posts
I've attached a couple of CH pictures. You should be able to get the M5 tag put on the wheels without a problem. My SA replaced my wheels under warranty here in Northern VA...took about 5 months, but it finally got done. Don't give up on the quest.

Oh, I've also attached a nice picture of a scantily clad woman. I feel like there's really not a inopportune time to enjoy that, even for the ladies on the board.

Attachments

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
And you even put them in the order of hot, hotter and hottest for us. What a guy.

These wheels are beautiful and are very very close to the CSL's. Too bad they're like $3650 just for the wheels and another $1400 for tires!

·
Registered
177 Posts
Yeah, that's a nice chunk of cash. And honestly, neither the CSL wheel or the CCH's have enough lip for my liking. Lacks the dimension that the stock rims bring.

Now here's a picture of a phatboy rim on a cls55...that's some Pizza Hut deepdish!

Attachments

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Now that's just plain obnoxious. Just imagine how much slower that car is off the line with all that added....phat...ness.

You're gonna need the CLS 65 AMG to keep up with the big boys if you want to dress it in all that bling:

-M

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
paulbondy said:
Oh, I've also attached a nice picture of a scantily clad woman. I feel like there's really not a inopportune time to enjoy that, even for the ladies on the board.
You should check the e46 m3 board. They seem to have a different crowd and tolerance for that sort of thing.
http://www.m3forum.net/m3forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9

·
Registered
177 Posts
Easy Chuck...a beautiful sexy woman can be appreciated regardless of how old you are or how much money you make. Take it for the goof that it was intended to be...nothing more, nothing less. The comedy of it is how much of a non sequitur it is to just throw in a scantily clad woman in a wonderwoman outfit during a discussion on rims.

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
paulbondy said:
Easy Chuck...a beautiful sexy woman can be appreciated regardless of how old you are or how much money you make. Take it for the goof that it was intended to be...nothing more, nothing less. The comedy of it is how much of a non sequitur it is to just throw in a scantily clad woman in a wonderwoman outfit during a discussion on rims.
hiha

OK, I admit, no matter what the intention was, who can resist looking at a beautiful woman (and is that such a bad thing)?

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
BBS CH alloys are interesting check this thread out and go through the link tonnes of piccies of a CB M5 with BBS CH

http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=53428

I had BBS LM's and liked them too, but at the mo I love the look of refinished stock alloys, see link below

http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=53428

I have heard of people fitting M3 CSL alloys, bespoke spacers required and machining to adapt the different hub flange size. Although I think the CSL looks fab on the M3, I can imagine doing all the work and ending up a little dissapointed.... I prefer 18's on the M5.

Check this thread out and what looks fab on the E60 looks wrong on the E39..... See what I mean ?

http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=53375&highlight=E60

I would referb your stock alloys and give the scantily clad young lady a call, you'll have enough moiney left for a fab meal for two and a top hotel room :1:

·
Registered
259 Posts
paulbondy said:
Agreed - You need to post more....hiha

·
Registered
12,866 Posts
paulbondy said:
Non sequitur, what non sequitur? :hihi:
Regards,
Jerry

·
Registered
2,482 Posts
matt310 said:
Hey Everyone,

I tried to search for a similar topic, but couldn't find anything. Does anyone know if these wheels will fit on our cars?

They're beaufitul. I must have them.

-Matt
They can be made to fit. I have adapter/spacers that convert the 74mm hub lip on the M5 to the 72.5mm hub lip of the M3. You'll need to purchase one pair of 12mm converters for the rear wheels, one pair of 10mm converters for the front wheels, plus one spacer (thickness TBD) to get the front wheels into the proper offset. You'll also need to buy ten longer wheel bolts (length = standard bolt length + adapter thickness + spacer thickness) from Tire Rack for the front. The rear will work fine with the longer bolts that I provide with the adapters.

If you're interested in doing this wheel swap, I'll do the math for you and come up with the correct spacer combination to make it work. I've had a couple E39 customers use these adapters and spacers to fit the E46 M3 19" forged wheels.

·
Registered
283 Posts
paulbondy said:
Absolutely. The incongruity was very funny. Some people need to lighten up.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts