BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Due to an unexpected financial situation I need to sell my new Noble :grrrrr:. The car was first registered in April of this year and was my daily driver up until recently. It's in immaculate condition. Here's the basics:

- This is the only street-legal / California smog exempt Noble in the world. As a CA-exempt car, the car never has to be smogged, and just about anything can be done to it legally (ie, removing the cat converters is legal on this car :D ).

2004 Noble M12 GTO 3R
- 3300 miles (daily commute only, I'm actually embarrassed to say..)
- Titanium Silver metallic
- 6 speed
- Quaife LSD
- 400hp twin-turbo V6 (stock Noble is ~360hp)
- Upgraded ball-bearing turbos, fuel system and ECU map.
- Weighs under 2400 lbs
- 0-60 in 3.5 seconds
- 1/4 mile in 11.8
- 1.15 G's of roadholding on stock street tires
- 13" 4 piston aluminum AP Racing brake setup, front & rear
- Built-in, alcantara-padded roll cage, and 4 point harnesses (in addition to the standard 3-pt lap/shoulder belts).
- Will outlap a Porsche GT3 & Ferrari 360 Stradale by 2+ seconds (depending on track)
- The only exotic I'm aware of that fits tall drivers (6'4"+)
- Fully loaded including A/C, leather, high-end stereo, alarm, track oil sump, etc etc.
- Complete option list is on the website, below.

Asking price is $94.5k but I'm negotiable/open to reasonable offers..

All the details, options, additional pictures, press quotes, etc for my car are here:

http://home.earthlink.net/~noblegto/index.html

Car is located in the Santa Monica / Marina Del Rey area.

For those seriously interested, you can pm me here or feel free to email me at [email protected]

Also, if anyone has any thoughts about other websites where the audience would be interested in (and capable of purchasing :) ) a car like this, it's much appreciated if you could drop me a line! Thanks.

·
Registered
540 Posts
This would be a great car to have. I must admit I have never heard of this model much less seen one. I like the lines very much except for the boy racer rear wing. But I'm sure it is functional at speed.

good luck with your sale and thanks for sharing.

Regards,

Al

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
M5 Fever said:
This would be a great car to have. I must admit I have never heard of this model much less seen one. I like the lines very much except for the boy racer rear wing. But I'm sure it is functional at speed.

good luck with your sale and thanks for sharing.
Al
Thanks Al!

The rear wing is standard on the car and, as you surmised, it's functional at speed (from 85mph on up, from what I'm told). The nice thing is that it isn't difficult to remove (and restore); I know at least a couple Noble owners who run the car without the wing.

Best,
Marc

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks guys! (Fingers crossed).

M-Fünf said:
I guess I can't understand how this car is CA smog exempt? Can you explain, please?
Yes. The state of California has a not particularly well known program (SB100), that allows for a small number (a few hundred) smog-exemption numbers to be given out each year in the state. There are a variety of conditions a vehicle has to meet to be able to apply for one. Any normal car sold in the US cannot apply, for example. (Ie, it can't be used to get around smog for a car that's supposed to be smogged). Generally speaking, it can be used for kit cars and for specialty cars that are imported from outside the U.S. and are not available for sale here. In the case of importing a car, it has to come separate from its drivetrain. Most exemption numbers are snatched up by Cobra kit-car owners as far as I can tell..

Long story short, the lucky few who are able to obtain an exemption number (and brave the registration process including appointments with the DMV, CHP, BAR, light-inspection, etc etc) can end up with a smog-exempt specialty car. It carries a normal, transferable pink slip and is treated just like any other car, except that the car never has to be smogged again (and is essentially considered a 1965 vehicle in terms of smog).

Hope that helped :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts