BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello fellow m5 owners never been on the board before I’m normally capable of figuring things out but ran into a issue recently put my 2003 m5 together has a motor from a 01 car was starting no problem before bleeding clutch as long as I put the pedal to the floor once we started trying to bleed system car stopped starting and wasn’t building pressure in system I replaced clutch line as well as slave cylinder brand new from dealer the shell was sitting for a bit so assumed it was a bad clutch master cylinder so I too it from the donor car and go to install it doesn’t have the slot for sensor to clip on the side and the 01 donor car didn’t have that sensor so since changing that now pressure doesn’t feel right even after bleeding system and car won’t start only start if I get underneath and jump the starter with a screw driver And when cars running and I try to run through gears the pedal has resistance and makes like a grinding sound when I push pedal all the way down new clutch and fly wheel was installed correctly just going crazy as to why I can’t start with the key and get clutch to fully dis engage could it be because I have from clutch master cylinder and the sensor isn’t reading I figured all m5 parts should be same and interchangeable especially since both Lci cars 01-03 any help is much appreciated trying to get to the bottom before I start throwing money at useless parts

·
Registered
01 Carbon/Silverstone Exhaust: Jedders-HJS high flow cats-resonator delete-Xpipe-Eisenman cans
2,525 Posts
What sensor are you referring to?
Grinding sound with the clutch depressed does not sound good. How are you sure the clutch and FW were installed correctly?
The car won't start unless the clutch is engaged so it sounds to me like the clutch engagement switch is not functioning properly.

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
I doubt the grinding sound you are hearing is related to why the car doesn't start. You also mention a sensor - I see xyviz is asked about this too. Could it be the starter safety switch? Is that a new clutch and flywheel by the way? Pressure at the pedal and the grinding might indicate an issue with those two items.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts