BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
962 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Unfortunately gents, the time has come to part with my M5. After 10 fantastic years, I just don't drive her and need the space. Someone else needs to get the opportunity to enjoy this fantastic car!

Basics
• LeMans Blue / Black extended leather
• 112,000 miles
• 2 owners…I acquired in March 2004 at approximately 12,000 miles
• Meticulously maintained with old school maintenance schedule; detailed maintenance/modification spreadsheet and files of receipts/records going back to March 2004 are available for inspection and come with the car
• Yes the car has been tracked. Approximately 15 days over 3 years. Track days = tons of preventative/over-maintenance on wear items which my records show and mechanic will confirm.

Factory Options
• Premium sound w/ trunk-mounted subs
• Extended leather
• Fold-down rear seats w/ ski bag pass-through
• No rear sunshades nor park distance control

Wheels/Tires
• Summer: Dinan 18’ forged aluminum wheels with Vredestein Sessanta Ultrac 275/35-18 high performance summer tires (approx. 20K miles, between approx 5mm rear and 8mm front tread depth)
• Winter: set of 4, OE Style 65 front wheels with Michelin Pilot Alpin 245/40-18 (approx. 15K miles, currently at approx 8mm tread depth)
• BMW space-saver spare tire kit (spare, spacer, extended lugs packaged in BMW Tire Tote) from BimmerZone (never used; clears OE brakes and Stoptech ST-40/22 BBK)
• Turner Motorsports 60mm wheel studs (installed at 84K miles)
• OE tire emergency kit refreshed with new bottle of sealant in Spring ’12

Modifications
• Performance
o
Rogue Engineering SSK with ZCP weighted shift knob (installed at 43K miles)
o
Dinan Stage 2 software (installed at 60K miles)
o
Dinan 3.45 limited slip differential (installed at 54K miles)
o
Dinan lightweight flywheel (installed at 74K miles)
o
Dinan 17mm adjustable rear sway bar with TC Design brackets (installed at 54K miles)
o
Ground Control coilovers
Installed at 90K miles
Springs - front 550# / rear 400#
12 track days over 2 years
Rear setup has top damper adjustment through speaker grill
Trimmed threaded adjuster sleeves and custom front strut tubes to accommodate 9.5” OE Style 65 rear wheels with 275/35-18 tires up front for square setup
o
Active Autowerke CAI with integrated brake cooling ducts (installed before 12K miles)
o
Supersprint headers (installed at 82K miles)
o
Tubi Style “regular” CAT-back exhaust (installed at 57K miles)
o
IATS relocation (installed at 82K miles)
• Systems
o
OE Bluetooth/handsfree w/ supplemental amplifier (installed at 41K miles)
o
OE Sirius radio (installed at 51K miles) with new antenna installed Spring ‘13
o
Dice iPod integration (installed at 80K miles)
• Cosmetic
o
Full set of OE aluminum interior trim (installed at 62K miles)
o
OE winter mats
o
OE European first aid kit
o
M5 embroidered OE trunk carpet
o
Professionally tinted rear and rear side glass with 3M Color Stable 35% film (installed at 17K miles – looks as good as the day it was installed)
o
Aluminum pedal covers (installed 53K miles)
o
Angel iBright V2 angel eyes with color matching high beam and fog lights (installed at 60K miles)
o
Instrument cluster replaced under warranty at 45K miles to eliminate dead pixels – all working
o
Interior rear view mirror replaced to eliminate fluid “bubble” in August ‘11
o
Skene Design no holes front license plate bracket

Select Recent Maintenance/Upgrades
• Detailed maintenance/repair spreadsheet and files of receipts covering 10 years of maintenance/mods available for inspection and comes with car
• New OE front bumper cover (at 112K miles – original cracked on a parking block)
• New OE oil lines from filter housing to block (at 110K miles)
• New front passenger window regulator (at 108K miles)
• New MAFS, valve cover gaskets, spark plugs (at 106K miles)
• New fuel pump and filter (at 103K miles)
• Complete brake refresh including rebuilt OE front/rear brake calipers (pistons, dust boots, seals, OE rubber guides), new Centric blank rotors, Centric Posi Quiet Ceramic pads, stainless lines, Ate Superblue (at 101K miles)
• New throttle sensors (at 101K miles)
• New OE cooling system – radiator, expansion tank fan clutch, fan blade, thermostat, temp sensor, water pump, drive belt and tensioners (at 98K miles)
• New OE rear sway bar end links (93K miles)
• New OE power steering hoses and reservoir (90K miles)
• OE clutch installed at 74K miles - no slipping
• OE cats replaced at 62K miles under emissions warranty
• A/C recharge in June ’12 at 101K miles
• Blackstone Oil Analysis Commentary at 95K miles: “…wear metals are right around average. We found no moisture or coolant, and the low silicon and insolubles indicate that your air and oil filters are getting the job done. If there are any problems developing, they don't show up in the used oil. This engine is looking good!”
• Maintained by Mike O’Neil at Northeast Motorsports since 2008
• Professional front-end re-spray (bumper cover, hood, blend into fenders) to eliminate road rash by Modern Auto Body, South Orange, NJ in January 2014
• Full professional interior/exterior/engine bay detail by All In The Details, Morristown, NJ in February 2014

Known Issues
• Cosmetic
o
1” scratch in middle of rear bumper cover – touched up with OE paint
o
Small wear spot on back of passenger side front seat (see pic)
o
If you look hard enough, you can find a couple very minor door dings and normal paint chips
• Other
o
Dice iPod integration whines a bit; I understand an inline filter/resistor of some sort can address the issue but I never looked into it as I listen to Sirius vast majority of the time

Approaching Maintenance Intervals
• Engine oil - at 115K miles (in 3K miles to keep 5K mile interval)
• Diff fluid – at 117K miles (in 5K miles to keep 30K mile interval)
• Gearbox fluid – at 117K miles (in 5K miles to keep 30K mile interval)
• Brake fluid flush – in April ’14 (to keep annual interval)
• Micro and air filters – in April ’14 (to keep annual interval)

Spares
• 4 oil filter kits
• 1 OE fuel filter
• 1 set K&N high performance air filters
• 2 sets of wiper inserts and 2 extra sets of arms
• Used OE MAFS w/ 30K miles
• OE headlight and foglight bulbs
• OE shifter selector rod
• OE wheel bolts
• OE pedal covers for brake and clutch
• Full set of original OE interior wood trim
• OE lug bolts
• Spare Sirius antenna
• Touch-up paint sets – Dr Color Chip and paint & clearcoat pens from AutomotiveTouchup.com

Full set of pictures can be found at: https://plus.google.com/u/0/photos/116117767638563198924/albums/5983388984007118945

ASKING PRICE: $25,000

PPI welcomed/encouraged at buyer’s expense

Email: [email protected]
Cell: 610-517-0548

Attachments

·
Registered
962 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry to see you go! Somebody's going to get a great car there.cherrsagai
Thanks Jim! This place has nearly been home for the past 10 years and I'm going to miss both you guys and the car, that's for sure! The forums covering X5M's just aren't as active as M5Board but given the amount of time I spend on the race car and related forums, that's probably a good thing!

·
Registered
889 Posts
Beautiful. That's basically my car, minus the Dinan mods. My seats have the ostrich skin-like inserts -- so that's sport right, while yours was originally heritage?

GLWS.

·
Registered
6,918 Posts
So X5M + M3 + trailer > M5? GLWS, bump for a solid car.

·
Registered
962 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Beautiful. That's basically my car, minus the Dinan mods. My seats have the ostrich skin-like inserts -- so that's sport right, while yours was originally heritage?

GLWS.
:cheers:Yep, you have sport interior trim, I don't. Aside from seats, yours came with titan trim, mine with wood, which I swapped out.

·
Registered
663 Posts
Interested in parting the diff/headers? I have the stock parts. Also did you ever go to the Cars and Croissants up in Chatham? Great bi-weekly meet with quite a few board members

·
Registered
962 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So X5M + M3 + trailer > M5? GLWS, bump for a solid car.
Hey Rich, not sure what you mean by > M5...X5M does a stellar job towing Featherlite open trailer and the race car. Race car is purpose built for track so safer and a ton faster...plus I don't have to worry so much about putting it in the wall!

I'd love to keep the M5 but it's just going to sit and aside from needing the space, the car should be driven and enjoyed so it's best to let someone else have it...though selling it sucks!

·
Registered
962 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Interested in parting the diff/headers? I have the stock parts. Also did you ever go to the Cars and Croissants up in Chatham? Great bi-weekly meet with quite a few board members
Hi, thanks but no, I'm not interested in parting anything, at least not at this point. If I change my mind, I'll start a new thread.

Yep, I go to Chatham C&C quite a bit as it's usually held literally 1/4 mile from home. I've had the M5 there mostly as well as the race car a couple of times (it's nice to know most of the local cops and the wing makes a nice breakfast bar!). First meet of the season is scheduled for this Saturday (weather and road salt dependent). If it's on, I'll be there with the M5 and a stack of for sale fliers!

·
Registered
107 Posts
Your post is as clean and well done as your car and maintenance. I am glad I am not the only one with OCD when it comes to cars. :)

Good luck with the sale!

·
Registered
962 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Damn, I've known this car and it's owner for a while now, and I am very tempted to acquire a twin. Hmmm.

--Peter
Thanks Peter, that's flattering as the only things "twin" about our cars are the color and that they both wear a Roundel on hood and trunk! Mine is a mere mortal next to your beast! But don't let that stop you from buying!

P.S. You need to spend more time on the track!

Reactions: herrubermensch

·
Registered
8,722 Posts
Thanks Peter, that's flattering as the only things "twin" about our cars are the color and that they both wear a Roundel on hood and trunk! Mine is a mere mortal next to your beast! But don't let that stop you from buying!

P.S. You need to spend more time on the track!
I need a DD. It's either going to be another E39 M5 or an X5M. One of the two.

As for the track, tell me about it! Wanna sell your M3?!

--Peter

·
Registered
962 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I need a DD. It's either going to be another E39 M5 or an X5M. One of the two.

As for the track, tell me about it! Wanna sell your M3?!

--Peter
LOL, sorry, race car is NOT for sale! And I will say that an X5M is a blast as a daily driver! A truck this heavy just should not be this quick! Also does a nice job towing the race car!!!

·
Registered
962 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Sadly for me, a sale is pending...

·
Registered
36 Posts
If the pending deal does not pan out, please let me know. thanks!

·
Registered
962 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
SOLD! Congrats and happy b-day to Jaydeep Bhatia who picked up his birthday present to himself today! Jaydeep should be joining the forum soon!

Thanks again, guys! It's been a GREAT 10 years of ownership and comradery on this board! Best of luck to you all. Hope to see you at a racetrack in the Northeast!

Dave

Reactions: REKIII and Clemster
1 - 17 of 17 Posts