·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For Sale: 2003 BMW M5 81K Miles Mint

Clean Title in hand Never in collision all original paint

Garage Kept 2nd Owner

I've Owned since 2006

Titanium Silver Totally Stock except for Dinan Stage 1 software "throttle response"

Every factory option

Asking $25K

North Jersey

[email protected]

Attachments

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
No Comments???
I didn't realize that you were soliciting comments. That's a dangerous thing to do on this forum.
Price change to $23K.
Really want to sell instead of trading in...........

I don't blame you. What's the trade-in price? The closer you get to that, the quicker you'll sell it.

Ditto what RR said above. Interior pics, trunk, wheels, tires, records, receipts, history, carfax, the more info the better.

Good luck!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks Guys..

Vehicle maintained by Motor Works West in Wyckoff and NorthEast MotorSports in Mahwah.

Mike has always worked on my car.

Oil and Filter changed every 3K miles.

New Brakes and Rotors in June of 2009 @ 72K miles.

Power steering Reservoir and Hoses changed in March 2008 @ 62K miles

New Michelin Pilot Sports PS2 tires in October 2008 @ 66K miles

Dinan Stage One Engine Software in November 2006 @ 48K miles

Instrument Cluster replaced in October 2006 @ 48K miles

I have all receipts in folder. Folder is about 1/2 inch thick.......:cheers:

I Hope this helps.

The car is in great shape and was always driven properly...

Would like to see it go to a good home instead of the Wholesale yard by a dealer.

With Tax savings from a trade in, I'm looking at what I think is a very fair selling price.

Any offers welcome.

I'm looking to buy the new car real soon.

I know it'll be asked.........

2011 Honda Civic EX-L

I'm looking at a push at the dealer......

As stated, would rather see it end up in a good home......

Thanks, Kevin

I'm taking it for a drive down the beach today.

I'll take some additional pictures and post tomorrow....

·
Registered
627 Posts
dealwer will offer $12k for a trade-in... sit tight and try to sell the car on your own... posting on autotrader for me worked as i got a lot of traffic when i sold my 2002 m5 1 year ago... had 116k miles and sold for $12,500 in 4 days

I think under $20k would be more realistic, but if you in no hurry, then hold tight and try to get your price... either way the e39 is an excellent car and you will regret selling, but who know what your needs are... you'll prob save $200/mo in gas! lol

best of luck!

i miss my m5, drive 550i now, but think i'm going to go 2008 m5 in summer

·
Registered
610 Posts
I looked at a 2000 m5 with 73K miles two months ago before I did my search on the M5's. The guys asking price was $18K. He told me when I looked at it that he was taking to carmax in a week if it did not sell as he was open to offers. Long story short he was offered $8800 for the car. He dropped the asking price to $15K and sold for $13500 4 days later. The car sat for about 6-8 weeks at $18K by the way.

No one is going to get anything close to what these cars are worth trading them in.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Market is tough for these cars right now, based on mileage, may want to consider reducing the price as rrich noted in his example. But, can always sit tight - may be someone out there! I'm somewhat in the market (though its a little early still), but mileage is too high for me.

GLWS!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
As advertised: Mint.....:checkeredflag:

Some additional pictures from yesterday......

Attachments

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Sold

Vehicle has been sold.

It has been passed onto a good home...

It's amazing how much the Prognosticators DON'T know..

For those who gave positive knowledgeable advise: Thank You....

For those who seem to KNOW IT ALL.... well,,,, never mind.....

I hope to own another BMW again, some day.....

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
3 different dealers offered me 18K, 18.5K & 19K.

If you keep your M5 stock and take proper care if it, you will be happy with the returns.

Many of the M5's out there have been abused and molested by their owners......

I private party sold my "Baby" to a good home for $22K.

It sold in 1 day!!!!

Buyer and seller were both happy.

Hope this helps....

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
You should know that you got an amazing sale price.

Dont bunch everyone under the same "Nay sayers" umbrella just because you dont like what they are saying.

You may have spent over $40K in 2006 but the market for these cars, especially with 70K Plus miles have really dropped.
There are plenty of high mileage M5s out there that will hit 250K but from buyers point of view cars with 70-80-90K arent low mileage cars.

You got lucky and sold it to a true fan of the car for a price which I consider to be $2500 over market. I know this because I also picked a car from NJ in Nov 2010 and I research prices and cars for 6+ months.

Good luck with your future purchase.

·
Registered
22 Posts
You should know that you got an amazing sale price.

Dont bunch everyone under the same "Nay sayers" umbrella just because you dont like what they are saying.

You may have spent over $40K in 2006 but the market for these cars, especially with 70K Plus miles have really dropped.
There are plenty of high mileage M5s out there that will hit 250K but from buyers point of view cars with 70-80-90K arent low mileage cars.

You got lucky and sold it to a true fan of the car for a price which I consider to be $2500 over market. I know this because I also picked a car from NJ in Nov 2010 and I research prices and cars for 6+ months.

Good luck with your future purchase.
Yes a true fan.

I have also been looking for 6+ months (loosely). I have test driven a number of them and many had some issue or another where I could not justify the purchase - many of them much cheaper too. I was searching for the garage queen with pampered miles and this one did not disappoint. This car looks, feels, and smells like it just rolled off the showroom floor. As OP stated, both buyer and seller are happy (buyer is extremely happy!). My face is still sore from driving all weekend with a huge smile on my face.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
Yes a true fan.

I have also been looking for 6+ months (loosely). I have test driven a number of them and many had some issue or another where I could not justify the purchase - many of them much cheaper too. I was searching for the garage queen with pampered miles and this one did not disappoint. This car looks, feels, and smells like it just rolled off the showroom floor. As OP stated, both buyer and seller are happy (buyer is extremely happy!). My face is still sore from driving all weekend with a huge smile on my face.
Since I bought mine just 2 months ago, I can totally relate to your excitement and am very happy for you.
As far as price and condition goes, my comment was based on the assumption that the car WAS a garage queen. My current one, inside out, looks like its a 2-3 year old car and even that is stretching it.
At the end of the day, the price of a used car is determined by the market, more specifically the buyer. I am sure you paid what you thought was absolutely the right price.

Enjoy your ride

1 - 20 of 29 Posts