BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've decided to sell my '03 Sterling Gray M5 - (I got married two months ago, and we're thinking about the future - kids - and the M has to go.)

I bought it in Nov. of '08 - and found it on ebay. The seller is/was a member here, and suggested I check out the m5board. Needless to say, this site's members have been very helpful and useful to me over the last two years!

I've kept the car garaged, as have the two previous owners. It has 86,500 miles on it now. It had an extended warranty that just ran out about a year ago. It has been well maintained. The only issue it has is that it (apparently) needs new brakes. The 'check brake linings' message has been on for a few months, but since I hardly drive it I haven't replaced the pads or rotors yet.

The interior is in excellent condition. The leather is nearly perfect with minor wear on the drivers' bolster. The instrument cluster has no dead pixels. The previous owner had Insp II done around 55,000 miles, according to BMW.

Details:
'03 M5 No accidents - none show on carfax either
Sterling Gray with black leather interior + wood trim
86,500+ miles
Fully maintained with records and receipts kept
Very clean, polished with Zaino
New BMW battery (bought Jan. '11)
Fold down rear seat
Heated front seats
M-Audio
Rear window shade

Mods:
Eisenmann Race Exhaust with 76mm tips - fully polished (from WheelSTO.com)
Factory wheels, stripped and painted with Emron Matte Black (by Wheel Wizard in Greenville, SC)
HID fogs
Matte black kidney grills
Matte black custom painted diffuser (not shown in pictures below)
Matte black vinyl roof (by Pro-Cal in Charlotte, NC)
15% tint all around w/ warranty (by SunShield in Spartanburg, SC)
Red Angel Eyes - Umnitza
Bimmerzone spare tire + jack in trunk http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/e39-m5-e52-z8-discussion/151331-possible-space-saver-wheel-tire-take-2-a.html

Performance-wise, the car is stock. I've never raced or track driven it. It's been mostly used for highway driving since I have owned it.

*** Email me at bluecalx (at) att (dot) net if you're interested. It will be sitting pretty in the garage most of the winter - waiting for you!

$22,000 (the Eisenmann Race exhaust cost over $2,000)
Reasonable offers will be entertained.

Pictures of what she looks like (diffuser wasn't painted at this time, and no pics of the roof or interior yet):

·
Registered
150 Posts
Do you still have any of the original parts that have been modded (exhaust, angel eyes, fogs, kidneys, etc.)?

Beautiful car, congrats on the marriage and GLWS!

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Do you still have any of the original parts that have been modded (exhaust, angel eyes, fogs, kidneys, etc.)?

Beautiful car, congrats on the marriage and GLWS!
The orig. exhaust was given to a member on the board last year - but I still have the orig. angel eyes bulbs and fog bulbs (those were just bulb or bulb and ballast swaps). I also have the original kidneys as well.
Thank you for the nice words! :)

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Do you have any interior photos?
Attached to this post. Sorry for the sub-par quality.. These were taken by the prev. owner and were what he used to show/list the car for sale. I'd say the interior is in as good or better condition now. It's certainly cleaner now. :)

Attachments

·
Registered
4,072 Posts
Nice car (my favorite color!) - GLWS.

Now, I do realize that you are likely selling for other/additional reasons, but I do have to say after having three kids grow up in various E39s including the M5, this is a great family car!

·
Registered
835 Posts
Now, I do realize that you are likely selling for other/additional reasons, but I do have to say after having three kids grow up in various E39s including the M5, this is a great family car!
+1 to that, I have 2 kids and consider the M5 a very suitable family car. My wife has an suv for long trips and when we need a little more room.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks for all the wishes, posts, comments, etc everyone. :)
As for keeping the car *and* being married with kids, I don't think I'd be financially able to keep up this car the way that would be required and have any left for our pets/kids/medical expenses etc.

Again, feel free to email me if interested. email: bluecalx (at) att (dot) net
Thank you all!

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

·
Registered
194 Posts
Awesome car! I've wanted to see how black rims on a Sterling Grey would look =) By the way, are those 275's on the rear? They look like 285 (seem a little wider) but I'm not sure...Good luck with selling though!

Ryan

1 - 20 of 36 Posts