BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a MY 2003 (10/02 production date) and I want AUX/USB/iPod connectivity. I was thinking of getting the OEM cable for the back of the head unit to have AUX for now, as if it's good enough quality I probably won't need the MediaBridge. However, if I do get the MediaBridge in the future, will I have to use the MediaBridge's AUX port, or will the AUX at the back of the head unit still work?

Even if I get the MediaBridge, I would have the iPod or USB drive in the trunk, so I wouldn't have to run any wires through the car if I can use the factory AUX in the front, right?

If I get the AUX, is this all I need? Amazon.com: BMW Genuine Auxiliary Audio Input Cable Adapter for E39 5 Series (09/2002 and on), X5 (10/2002 and on), All X3: Automotive I've read the guides but it seems they're all for pre-9/02 models.

And if I get the Mediabridge, it's this one right? Amazon.com: DICE MBR-1500-BMW MediaBridge with Bluetooth for BMW - Black: Electronics And I shouldn't have any problems with the text display since mine is after 9/02?

·
Registered
77 Posts
The dice will plug into the original plugs your CD Changer uses.

I don't know much about the Aux cable but you would not need it to use the Dice.

I originally went dice and switched to intravee II and highly suggest to just go that route first. It will cost a little more upfront but the
features that the intravee adds are awesome and text display is 10x better than dice.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I have the audiovox mediabridge in my 2003 and I think its great, I can stream audio thru the lightning cable on the iphone 5
that sounds fantastic, way better than the aux source input that it also provides and charges the phone!
and it features Bluetooth for hands free phone use in my state that's a plus!
I didn't need the DSP adapter as the coax out cable at the CD changer wasn't being used.
I installed it above the peddles at the firewall and installed a permanent USB jack where the best cup holders in the world are
I think this is a great mod for our beasts

·
Registered
6,632 Posts
For the e39 M5s built 09/02 and later the AUX is pre-wired from the front of the vehicle to a dedicated source input on the BM53. It will continue to work if you replace the CDC with the Media Bridge or other similar device.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts