BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I am selling mine; currently about 136,000 miles; excellent shape - exterior 8/10, interior 9/10. Aluminum trim. Every option, including privacy screens and M sound. Maintained meticulously by an engineer-owner.

Everything works. No dead pixels on the instrument pod; a few gray ones popped on the "infotainment" screen, but not obtrusive.

CD changer is there and operational, but I converted to DICE iPod, which will be included. I did replace the stock illuminated gear shift knob with a weighted aftermarket one.

Mostly highway miles (getting 21.3 mpg, with, ahem, spirited driving). Clutch pulls strong (replaced at about 80K) -- given highway driving, not much shifting... :crying2:

A few rock chips here and there, but nothing major. Not a garage queen, but not abused either. All 3 keys (2 driver's and 1 valet) will be included (as a proxy of how anal I am about this machine... :))

Asking 15K.

More pictures here:https://www.dropbox.com/sh/h73ul5v4djmm3r4/ATF9z2JDQ8

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
BTW - the car is being advertised on eBay and Craigslist in Houston and Dallas. So, not sure how much longer I am going to have it (perhaps another 4 days, judging by the way the auction is going). My preference would be to for it to go to someone who is on this board, i.e., is knowledgeable about these cars, but I may be forced to sell to outsiders... :)

Also: the mileage is 137,100 at this moment.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Email? What's the good and the bad of this car?
Hmm... The car, as I said, is in great shape, and has been properly maintained. Whereas the mileage may be high (for some), it is primarily highway mileage, essentially cruising in 6th gear (this is perhaps one of the reasons I am letting it go - not enough opportunities to row).

Bad? As far as I know, everything works. A few dead pixels on the infotainment screen, but they don't interfere with anything. I find myself repeating myself at this point.

Ask me specific questions and I will try to answer them. You can email at Maestro underscore zero 062 at yahoo d-0-t com

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hmm...

Well, it "sold" on eBay, but as I have come to find out that eBay is populated with people with marginal credit. The 'winner' could not scrape together financing for the car and backed out. So, technically, it is still available, I guess. Again, I would rather sell it to someone who can appreciate the vehicle (i.e., somebody on this board)... :confused3

1 - 6 of 6 Posts