BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am very interested in selling it. I have thought of giving ebay a try. What do you all think it is worth? Obviously, I know what I paid. What will the market bear right now? Garage kept, only been in rain twice. Perfect conditon. Black/black with every option except the rear window shade. Please email me directly.

M5 #1
M5 #2
M5 #3
M5 #4

Bronson90
[email protected]

·
Registered
225 Posts
Can't get the pics from the links...

Robert

·
Registered
12,398 Posts
What it can sell for in this market:

$61-63k tops. I'm factoring 2-3k for low miles.

Maybe you get lucky and find that 'perfect buyer'

Maybe you get unlucky and the dealer gives you $52k!

Lots of posts here on 2003 values- I spent considerable time on that topic.

Good luck

Ard

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
Bronson:

I also have an '03 with a little over 8,000 miles on the clock. I am the original owner and sole driver of the car. I know I wouldn't sell mine ... assuming it was for sale, for less than High 60's. ... Maybe even Low 70's.

In a conversation I had last week with Sales Manager of Bev. Hills BMW he said that the traffic for the '02 and '03 M5 is getting to be sky-High here in Los Angeles. His nationwide research and the used car national research team tells him that this primarily due to the fact that the NEW M5 continues to be delayed (not avail. in USA until late '05 ... late means 3rd or 4th qtr) PLUS the rumored base cost of the New M5 is gonna be pushing close to $100K plusplus.

That makes a really good CPO'D '03 with a 100,000 mile warranty for $70k a real deal.

He laso said that the market is very different all over the country ... with the Mid-West traditionally being the weakest for High-Performance saloons.

bronson90 said:
I am very interested in selling it. I have thought of giving ebay a try. What do you all think it is worth? Obviously, I know what I paid. What will the market bear right now? Garage kept, only been in rain twice. Perfect conditon. Black/black with every option except the rear window shade. Please email me directly.

M5 #1
M5 #2
M5 #3
M5 #4

Bronson90
[email protected]

·
Registered
12,398 Posts
How can you tell a salesman is lying? His lips move.

I just bought a pristine 03 with 16k miles and a cpo for $59,800

But that is in the low-rent Marin County area of Northern California- one of the highest per capita income areas of the country.

I wouldn't sell my new M5 for $75K... does that mean it is now worth $75k?? Or that another at 70k is a bargain?

Give the guys at Auto SPorts of Dallas a call- they know the market and might be a useful data point. But again, they are salesmen.

Ard

1 - 5 of 5 Posts