1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
2003 E39 M5 - LeMans Blue Metallic/Black Sport Interior

WBSDE93443CF92278

$23,500

I acquired this M5 in August of last year and have put under 5k miles on it. I have attached both the current CarFax and AutoCheck history reports as well as the BMW build sheet. I have a clean Tennessee title and there are no accidents reported on this M5.

Previous work completed within the last 10k miles prior to my ownership include cooling system refresh with new thermostat, water pump and aux fan switch and new brake rotors and pads.

Since I purchased it I have done the following within the past 500 miles:

Wheels refinished in shadow chrome by Prince Wheel.

New Continental Extreme Contact Sport tires.

Front control arms, thrust arms and tie rods replaced with Lemförder parts.

Rear control arms, guide rods and sway bar links replaced with Lemförder parts.

Four wheel alignment.

All shifter bushings replaced with OE parts. Shifter arm bushing/shifter bearing cup/shift lever bushing/selector rod joint.

Corteco engine mounts and Lemförder transmission mounts.

Mahle fuel filter.

All OE exterior rubber around front and rear windshield including front cowl pieces.

OE BMW windshield wipers.

OEM engine air filters and charcoal activated cabin air filters.

New rear ///M badge.

New OEM Stabilus trunk shocks.

Professional paint correction with CQuartz UK ceramic coating and with CQuartz DLux on the black plastic trim.

Euro sliding armrest with new leather. Original armrest included.

Engine oil changed with LiquiMoly 10W60 about 1,500 miles ago.

OE BMW timing chain tensioner.

New rubber mounts for the oil filter housing and power steering reservoir from McMaster Carr.

Transmission fluid change with Febi 75W80 oil.

Differential fluid change with LiquiMoly 75W140 oil.

Brake and slave cylinder fluid flush with ATE Typ 200 brake fluid.

Euro tune flashed along with NCSExpert coding changes.

With a large amount of maintenance done on this vehicle mechanically and cosmetically it will be a great M5 for someone to own and enjoy. It drives great and should continue to do so for many miles. I am located about twenty minutes north of Nashville, TN. If you have any questions feel free to contact me through this forum or you can send me a text at 615-819-4703.

Attachments

Reactions: herrubermensch

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I have had several people contact me about this M5 so I am bumping it to the top. I know attachments aren't working on the forum so give me your email if you want me to send you the history reports.

No, I will not accept PayPal. Wire transfer or cashier's check only. Thank you.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Bump.

·
Registered
900 Posts
Nice car. My car's twin, right down to mileage, much of the work and mods done.

If you don't find the right place here, do you know about BringaTrailer? A lot of E39 M5s moving there lately. GL.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nice car. My car's twin, right down to mileage, much of the work and mods done.

If you don't find the right place here, do you know about BringaTrailer? A lot of E39 M5s moving there lately. GL.

Yes, I have seen your M5 before. I have an Interlagos M3 as well. I have sold several cars on BaT before. I am considering selling this one on there, but am not sure if I will get what I want for it and I have never liked the idea of agreeing on BaTs reserves instead of setting my own.

Reactions: MancUnited1

·
Registered
900 Posts
I have an Interlagos M3 as well.

It's a nice combo, isn't it? ;-) Understand re reserves, have heard the same from a few sellers. I counsel patience to get your desired price.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I've had quite a bit of interest in this car. If you have any questions feel free to contact me.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have been asked a few times, but I am not interested in any trades at this time.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Bump.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Bump.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'm open to offers.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Bump.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Crap, sorry, guess I didn't PM you as my post count isn't high enough yet, but I did text you yesterday and will try to give you a call again today (so heads up the incoming 505 area code is NOT spam!) Hope to reach you soon!

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Price drop to $21k. Want to sell before September.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Price up to $23k. Within the next couple of weeks I am installing a new driveshaft, valve cover gaskets, input shaft seal and a few other odds and ends that I will list once completed. A BMW master tech looked over the vehicle and noted that it would be good to replace these items. He stated the wear on these items is consistent with the mileage of these M5s.

·
Registered
8,722 Posts
Can't believe this isn't gone! Beautiful, well-maintained example, and reasonably priced. THIS is IMHO precisely the kind of E39 M5 people should be purchasing, not paying double this price for one with 40k on the clock or triple this price for one with 20k on the clock.

--Peter

·
Registered
900 Posts
Will be interesting to see what that Black/Black goes for on BaT. 20K few miles, but yours sounds cleaner, more upkeep done and (of course) far superior color.

How hard/expensive was the chain tensioner job? And thanks for schooling me on that empty space in the engine bay of our M3s.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts