BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 03 E39 self leveling headlights stopped working. The problem is it occurred the first time I owned the car in 2006. As far as I can tell after I installed Umnitza Predator ICE Halo upgrades the lights stopped leveling or even self testing when they are turned on. Unfortunately shortly after this I sold the car so I did not have time to research or fix the problem. I now again own the car and the last owner apparently never dealt with the issue ( I guess he liked driving around with the lights pointed down). I have checked the right front and rear level sensors and made sure the sensor arm is installed "right side up" My mechanic recently tested the lights and says the leveling motors are functioning. I re-aimed the headlights so they are at least pointed correctly, but they definitely no longer self level! My 03 M5 does not have any "Active Headlight " function. Has anyone else had a problem like this? I am using Weisslicht LED upgrades on my E90 335d M Sport and they seem to work fine even with the active headlight system. Would switching to the Weisslicht conversions likely fix my problem? I would greatly appreciate any input

1 - 1 of 1 Posts