BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2003 BMW M5
Mileage: 97,700 + (I am still driving this car at least once a week)
Price: $20,000
VIN: WBSDE93483CF92963
Exterior: Sterling Grey
Interior: Silverstone (grey) + Black extended leather (sport seats)
Number of Owners: Three
Alaska Title, no lien. (The car has never been to Alaska, I am active duty military and choose to register/title my vehicles in Alaska)
Email: [email protected]

Options:
- Fold down rear seat
- M-Audio
- Park Distance Control (PDC)
- Sun Shades
- BMW Bluetooth

Short of the complete leather, this car was fully optioned.

Accessories
- Winter wheels/tires (Dunlop M3)
- Thule roof rack (They bolt right into threaded receivers which BMW hides on the roof)
- Valentine One radar detector (hardwired with remote display in place of passenger cup holder)
- Ultimate Cup Holders
- BMW Aux Input (3.5mm jack in glove box)
- Belkin Bluetooth A2DP (audio) receiver (hard wired to aux input)
- Wrapped wood trim with 3M Titanium Vinyl (Have spare set of wood trim, short the hand brake, and the trim piece to the right of the steering wheel)

(I reserve the right to retain these depending on the final negotiated price)

Major Maintenance:

(All maintenance was performed by BMW of Peabody until I purchased the car)
53992 – Replaced worn rear sway bar links and L/side Sway bar bracket and busing.
62867 – Removed and replaced underbelly shields
62867 – BMW Inspection II
62867 – Replaced thermostat, filled and bled coolant system
62867 – Replaced fuel cap
62867 – Replaced rear vapor barriers with new sealant (solve door leaks)
62867 – Replaced all spark plugs
71956 – Replaced RR Stabilizer link bracket
71956 – Replaced power steering line from reservoir to pump
75198 – Replaced final stage resistor (causing battery to drain)
75198 – Replaced battery

(All below maintenance was completed by me using the BMW service manual and specs, along with sage advice of the M5board)

76703 – Replaced front and rear brake pads
76220 – Replaced clutch, flywheel, guibo/flex disk, and rear main seal
76220 – Installed E60 shifter, and ZHP shift knob
76220 - Changed transmission fluid
76703 – Changed differential fluid
80001 – Traction Struts
80036 – Fuel Filter
81039 - Refinished all four wheels (not completed by me)
81039 – Installed Michelin Pilot Super Sports (note these tires presently have about 10,000 miles on them, as the majority of my driving was on the winter tires. I really only had one season with the summer tires on the car).

Oil changes every 5,000 miles

The Good:

I have driven and maintained this car as if I would keep it forever. I purchased it from the second owner at approximately 75,000 miles. I immediately replaced the clutch as it slipped the first time I drove the car hard. I followed all the advice of the M5 board and replaced the rear main seal, flywheel, and flex disk (guibo) while I was at it. I put approximately 23,000 miles on the car and never raced or abused it. My intent was to keep this car well past 100,000 miles, however I am active duty military, and the intent of my employer is to send me to Alaska (not a place for E39 M5’s). It is with great regret that I am listing it for sale. I have contemplated storing the car for three years, however my preference is to sell and let someone else drive and enjoy it. This car is an excellent example of a collector. It’s the final year of the E39 models, has been well maintained, and has just about every option. It’s an absolute blast to drive and is mechanically very sound.

The Bad:

- The rear tires are about ready to be replaced. I estimate I can probably get about 2,000 more miles out of them, but the next owner should plan on replacing them.

- The car has a clear rock guard installed on the front bumper, hood, etc. In some places this has cracked/discolored. I may attempt to remove, or I may leave for the next owner to tackle. It’s not awful looking, but you can see it up close.

- The front bumper is cracked. This happened with the previous owner and I haven’t had it fixed yet.

- The previous owner did disclose that he had a scratch repaired on the driver’s side door. I believe this bodywork was minor, as the car does not have any accidents reported. This wasn’t a macco level repair as I have difficulty detecting the bodywork and I know it’s been done.

Attachments

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Here are some interior photos.

Attachments

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Good morning. I just posted the car to eBay and in doing so ran the free Autocheck report. This report does show a minor accident involving the left side of the vehicle in 2011. I am posting because in my original description I wrote "No reported accidents" which apparently is not true. Interesting, as when I ran the carfax prior to buying the car it was clean... I would edit the original post, but it appears the moderators have removed the ability to do so.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts