BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry for the "cell phone" quality pics. Also, the car is not washed lol. This is how it looks after driving it back to Cali from AZ. I will get new ones. Just wanted to show off the tints. 35% all the way around, ceramic tint, 60% on the windshield. Believe it or not, the windshield does not look like it has any tint at first glance...yes, that's a good thing. anyways, enjoy.

PS. this is a 2003 with 67k miles. Nearly perfect car. Car was used as a commuter by an 80+ year old man between his house in Arizona and Vermont. So the interior does not reflect the miles really, it reflects the type of usage, which was MINIMAL:)))

·
Registered
252 Posts
Nice car!

Driver/passenger window tint is illegal in CA. You might want to think about removing it.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Very nice catch! Is it me or is the red stripe on the ///M5 badge faded?

It is, I dont know why it's faded, but it is. :( Possibly the dealer's use of a buffer? It's on my to do list to replace tho. I already bought a set of better wheels to replace the heavy curbed ones. I also got paintless dent removal done. Tints I put on for the sake of heat reduction, plus it looks freaking slick with tints:) Car is pretty much done after I get a new badge on there:)

·
Registered
974 Posts
It is:( It's on my to do list. I already bought a set of better wheels to replace the heavy curbed ones. I also got paintless dent removal done. Tints I put on for the sake of heat reduction, plus it looks freaking slick with tints:)
Are you going to stay with stock wheels or did you purchase another style? I like tint too and if you have dark interior, like black, it helps. In the trunk, I also like to carry a windshield sun shade to keep cool :cool:

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Are you going to stay with stock wheels or did you purchase another style? I like tint too and if you have dark interior, like black, it helps. In the trunk, I also like to carry a windshield sun shade to keep cool :cool:
staying stock. I just picked up a set from a board member with 16k miles on them. Nearly perfect set. So I am happy with that for now. If I were to go aftermarket, I will go Iforged swift, or BBS RGR. Other than that, I think OEM looks amazing.

·
Registered
974 Posts
staying stock. I just picked up a set from a board member with 16k miles on them. Nearly perfect set. So I am happy with that for now. If I were to go aftermarket, I will go Iforged swift, or BBS RGR. Other than that, I think OEM looks amazing.
btw, no license plate drill holes in the front bumper. benefit of buying an AZ car I guess:)
Agreed, OEM always looks great. As far as your aftermarket wheels, those are some nice choices. I would have such a hard time choosing and narrowing it down, but I'm pretty fond of the HRE's :)

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
if it's an arizona car it probably sat in the sun - red is one of the faster colors to start fading
thought of that, but not sure that is the case. Leather, dash, seals, paint, plastic on this car looks to be a "garaged" car which did not sit in the sun. I put the tints on, car did not have tints when I bought it, so there were no tints to prrotect the interior from the sun exposure :) My guess is still the dealer buffing the car...my guess tho. Either way, it's an easy "fix."

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
OP - congrats on purchase. Can you explain the difference of ceramic tints to regular tints? Sorry if everyone else knows the difference but I'd like to ask for better stuff when I get mine tinted after I get one.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
OP - congrats on purchase. Can you explain the difference of ceramic tints to regular tints? Sorry if everyone else knows the difference but I'd like to ask for better stuff when I get mine tinted after I get one.
It costs much more lol. I didn't do much research, but the tint shop had a demo of a heat lamp (replicate the sun) and glass samples, some with ceramic tint, some with regular tint. In the demo, the lightest shade of ceramic tint (I think they used 60% for the demo) was more effective for heat reduction than the darkest of the regular tint (I think they used 15%). I have no idea if it is truly better, but in the demo, it definitely was.

·
Registered
841 Posts
front tint is illegal in almost all states, but everyone has it. its just one of those things

1 - 14 of 14 Posts