BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Just in case you did not know, you can go to the bmwusa.com website and do a search for CPO cars.

·
Registered
837 Posts
Theres one on ebay for 61500, and it comes with a bunch of DINAN equipment, only side I guess is it wouldnt be CPO, but if your interested <TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR bgColor=#d6dcfe><TD noWrap align=right>4539449151</TD><TD align=right>
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>thats the item number, Josh

·
Registered
992 Posts
I have a 2003 with 15k miles and there is no way I would sell it for that. Please note - IT IS NOT FOR SALE.

Just saying that the last bit of research I did - autotrader, ebay, etc. - I would look to pay around $64 - $65k.

·
Registered
3,469 Posts

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
well, A friend of mine just bought an 03 with 25k on for $56k... out the door with taxes title etc for under 60k.

Dealer certified 6yr / 100k miles.. I think he got a bargain but they are out there to be had if you look long enough.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I just bought an 03 with 23,678 miles for 57,999.00. The dealer agreed to CPO the vehicle. It had aftermarket exhaust and a shortshift kit and is in outstanding condition. They are out there if you look. Try this website: http://www.argonautolab.com/showroom.html

Before I bought mine I looked at the two Lemans Blue M5's they sold. They were in great condition and CPO'd. I just didn't like the color. Their price was under 60k They will look for an M5 for you with no obligations. They are quality individuals. I have no connections with them. Good luck

·
Registered
26 Posts
I recently got an '03 with 16,100 miles for $57K, CPO'd from a dealer. The best part was I found a V1 is hidden in the car with a rearview mirror display!! The car does have a couple minor scratches here & there but really nothing major.

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
I tried to sell my lightly modded '03 with 19xxx miles this winter for $62,500 on this board and struck out.

Thank goodness lovelove

·
Registered
3,469 Posts
Question to Andy and Fess,

Did you haggle to get to your final purchase price, or the dealers always had the car at that price?

Thanks.

CP

·
Registered
168 Posts
In Atlanta, an '03 Titanium is for sale at $60,175...........with 6k miles. Call Roger at 678-297-2030 or go to www.cars.com. This has been advertised for 4-6 weeks. Could be worth a trip.
5Driver

·
Registered
26 Posts
chunpng said:
Question to Andy and Fess,

Did you haggle to get to your final purchase price, or the dealers always had the car at that price?

Thanks.

CP
Haggled. Actually, I made an offer I didn't think they would except, I was surprised. I was there the day it came in off lease, they just wanted to turn it around quickly.

·
Registered
58 Posts
i just recently acquired my first m5; it is a cpo '03 (through 6/09) with 18k miles. it is in immaculate condition, was not driven after october (with mileage docs to prove it), and i was able to talk the bmw dealer down to 60k. based on my recent experience (and concurred by a bmw manager friend of mine who gave me some good advice) and coupled by the fact that i was able to get more than one dealership down to your ballpark, i would say that you definitely should be able to get one around that price. best of luck in your search. :M5launch:

·
Registered
10 Posts
That was the original price. Intially, the vehicle wasn't CPO'd but the dealer agreed to do so at the listed price of 457,900.00 and replace two of the tires. IU think the vehicle wasn't originally certifed due to the aftermartket exhaust,ssk and airfilters. The dealer removed the airfilters as part of the CPO inspection but left the remainder. At least in Florida it seems you can get an CPO 03 for 60K. While I was looking at the one I bought the Lemans bule vehicle was also available for $59,200.00.

·
Registered
12,398 Posts
FAST 5 said:
Yes you are being very hopeful, and Im sorry to say UNREALISTIC !
My dealership sells many 2003 model M5 cars with 20k miles or less for over 60k. Despite what your hearing the market is strong for the E39 M5 sedan.
:cheers:
I disagree.

OF COURSE DEALERSHIPS will be the most expensive.

Plenty of folks here buying in the upper 50s for sub 30k mile 03s... add on a reasonable fee for a cpo and you can get very close to 60.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thanks for all the great input. It sounds like there is hope. I was starting to wonder. In the last month I sent two email offers for $60K on 2003 M5's and received responses similiar to FAST 5's. I was getting ready to lower my expectations and purchase a 540.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts