BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just at 100K. Second owner. Previous owner added the front strut brace, modified exhaust and stage II engine management software upgrade. Drives and handles great. Tires have plenty of wear. Have an extra pair of rotors, extra set of brake pads, spare rear tire, and a weather-proof car cover. Car is in great mechanical order. Last repair was a high pressure power steering hose, a couple O2 sensors, new gas cap and new battery. Clutch is strong, no slipping. Had it professionally tinted all around (including a layer of anti-glare on the windshield), at a local place that does show cars. Idles and accelerates perfectly. I love, love, love the car. If I was in Utah I'd take it as a second wife. I have two boys and two dogs, and this is not a great car to take camping and to haul the bicycles around. This is the last of the E39, and is destined to be a classic, but the WAF is only permitting 1 car in the drive way and I need an SUV. Most likely going to get the X5, or go to the dark side on an Audi Q5. I am going to list it locally in a while, but I wanted to open it up to the M5 community who might be looking for it.

The full disclosures:
The front seat leather and driver door handle leather should be refinished. No cracks, but the color has faded in spots. Pretty straightforward job and if I was keeping the car I would do it.
There is a small ding by the gas cap. Looks like a small pebble or BB hit it. Never bothered me enough to do anything about it.
Small pixel line out in the radio. Probably 1/4 in and one/two pixel high. Again, never bothered me.
The change brake pad light is on because I had the brake pads changed and they damaged the sensor wire. They asked me to bring it back in, but I figured I'd just swap it out next brake job.

Pictures at https://plus.google.com/photos/107158584905267432866/albums/6033713578078275009

Private message me to buy or reply for details that others might want to know.

Attachments

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Takes one to know one.. doh! Had the car forever and never realized the deep dark blue was actually carbon black.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Since I live in Utah could I legally have it as my second wife? I'd consider it but I like the Alpine White myself. ;) Good luck with sale, looks like a nice ride.

·
Registered
658 Posts
GLWS. What version of the X5 would you get?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts