• Just Right

Votes: 7 26.9%

• Total voters
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am reluctant to do this but I think it is time. I am breaking up with my second car love. It is not her, I have a new one and I do not really have space or the time for both of them. I wish I could store her away but the real wife says I cannot hoard cars.

2002 M5, Gray Exterior, Two Tone Interior (Black and Silver). 85,000 miles.

Engine: RK Stage 2 Supercharger installed by Raza himself, IATS RK, Supersprint Headers, Tubi Rumore Exhaust. Whistles like a Jet engine in the front and roars like a beast in the rear.
Drivetrain: Dinan Wheels, Rogue Stage 3 Performance Clutch System, Rogue Tranny Mounts, Rogue SSK w/ WSR. The wheels and the SSK really make all of the difference.
Suspension: Bilstein PSS9 Coilovers, BMP Design Front Camber Plates and Rear Camber Kit, StopTech Slotted Rotors, Hawk HPS Pads, TCD Rear Sway Bar Brackets, SS Brake Lines
Audio: Kenwood Execelon DNX 9960, Focal Polyglass front and rear 6.5" speakers, Focal 13" Polyglass Sub, Alpine PDX-5 Amp
Interior: Ultimate Cupholders, LED Lights, Euro Armrest, Bimmian Shift Knob and Hand Brake, Bimmian Alcantara Boots
Exterior: Bimmian Black Kidney Grilles, Euro Headlights, Angel ibright v3, 6000k Main Beams, Xenoflo High Beams, Solaris Bulbs, All clear reflectors

Paint is not perfect, but very good. I had it detailed not too long ago and the guy said it would not take too much paint correction to get it looking near perfect. Front bumper has a crack or two but it is not worth replacing until it gets worse imo.
Interior is great for the age. I do not eat, drink, or smoke in my cars.
Drives like a dream. It really moves with the supercharger. I have taken it to 3 track days, 2 of which were in the rain. On the dry day, I was running circles around the intermediate level (including C6 GS, Mustang GT350, etc.) Never went off track and turned in consistent lap times with ease.
I have lots of records, but they are not perfect.
I have lots of extras that will come with the car including an extra dinan wheel.
Windshield has a chip in it that has been there for years and the rear view mirror has the circle in it. Neither have bothered me to the point of needing replacement. Some pixles are out in the cluster but I can still understand what it is trying to tell me.

I am posting here first for the enthusiasts. I want her to go to a good home.
I am going to ask $28,000. I am open to offers but I do not have to sell it so price is my only motivation. I am not interested in giving it away. I know what it is worth.

I am not a photographer nor do I have expensive cameras. The pictures I have are from my phone. I have tried to download them here but it does not seem to work. They may just show up but I attached the link to my google photos as well.
https://goo.gl/photos/gF9HYnHmUpDMfUYJ9

Thanks for looking guys and gals.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
I'm sorry to say but the car doesn't look good to me especially for that price. It's totally out of my taste (and many more I think). For example:
- the black paint on the wheels looks like a exfoliation
- head unit is ugly and totally out of place in the interior (mildly speaking)
- fog light delete has been done like somebody stole the lights together with the front grill (I know there's an intercooler down here but it's always possible to make it looks more civilised)
- missing front cupholder and front fender liners
- trunk zone looks unfinished and ugly
- the hood and front bumper aren't adjusted well (previous impact?)

GLWS though. It's definitely a long shot on that price.

·
Registered
142 Posts
This Dinan wheels was always No1 in my wheel chart....
till today
I never felt aftermarket sound systems in older BMW's

I'm sorry to say but the car doesn't look good to me especially for that price. It's totally out of my taste (and many more I think). For example:
- fog light delete has been done like somebody stole the lights together with the front grill (I know there's an intercooler down here but it's always possible to make it looks more civilised)

+ to this:
The way it sits about now it looks like 250000 miles car,
Also, aftermarket front bumper, looks wrong on such a car.

Give it nice treatment and you will get asking price, other then doesn't look good, does look like a car you can't afford, sorry,
GLWS tho

·
Registered
2,479 Posts

Raza worked on it.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Not to your taste, got it.
We all know the cupholders are 100% useless. Have 3 aftermarket one.
I would do the aftermarket system again in a heartbeat. Sound difference is night and day and I have bluetooth, hd radio, dvd, and Garmin navigation.
Front bumper is not perfect but this is not a stock car. It is a modded beast.
I chose airflow over looks. Wiring there for fogs.
I have the cover for the amp. I took it off along with other easily detachable parts (backseat, etc.) to see how much weight I could get off. 100 pounds actually. about 40 is in the sub alone.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have no interest in parting it out or swapping parts.

We all have different priorities for our vehicles. Mine for my sports car is to haul ***. That puts the smile on my face. The M5 did that for me and still does, but my new love does it a little better.

Attachments

·
Registered
142 Posts
I have no interest in parting it out or swapping parts.

We all have different priorities for our vehicles. Mine for my sports car is to haul ***. That puts the smile on my face. The M5 did that for me and still does, but my new love does it a little better.
Hell YEAH, what a corvette

·
Registered
899 Posts
I'll have to agree with the previous posts. The little things the car is missing will keep you from getting anywhere near your asking price. The front bumper without a proper headlight delete and some sort of grille doesn't look good. There is way more than a small crack in the bumper and the new owner would have to replace that along with the fender liners. I'd guess the under side panels are also missing. To have these things replaced and painted are in the $5000 area.

The aftermarket stereo takes away from the factory look that most folks would want especially at this price point. I have a full aftermarket system in my Beast also, but I know I'd have to return the factory sound disaster or at least include it in the sale to appeal to most buyers. Even though the cup holders are useless, most folks will expect that area to be finished. The shift knob, custom boots and Euro armrest are also hit or miss with most folks willing to spend $25K+ on a car like this.

Now in most cases I'd love to have those Dinan wheels on our cars. I actually wasn't sure those were authentic until I went max size on the photos, but they do not look good in that finish style. Are the tires stock M5 sizes? Something just looks off to me.

The good news is the supercharger is desirable to a lot of potential buyers. Having someone that is trusted on the Board to have done the install is also a big plus. I'd say the car without the supercharger should be priced at about $12.5K. With the supercharger add 1/3 to 1/2 of what you spent in parts and labor for the install and you'll have what you should be asking. As with most custom builds there is no way you'll ever make the money you put into the car back. If you replace all the missing panels, repair the front bumper and return the interior to stock you might get closer to the $28K you're looking for. Short of that I think $18.5 to $21.5K is your range.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Tires are 265 35 18 on all 4 corners. No rubbing issues. They still have plenty of rubber.

Also, I have all of the original parts except the wheels.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
It has not sold as I really made very little effort to sell it. I still have no interest in parting it out. I actually sold the Z06 and got a Gen 2 Raptor. I am debating whether to sell the m5, track it, or let it sit and collect value. I know it is not perfect but it is an amazing car and has been extremely reliable for me through the years. I still regret selling my 99 M3 and I do not want to have that regret again. I have no regrets about selling the Z06 in favor of the Raptor :devil

·
Registered
52 Posts
I have a similar car and am curious what the resale will be. I don't want to part mine out either and feel you totally, good luck with the sale. at least our cars are appreciating!

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Archi, It would take a ridiculous offer at this point to pry it away from me. I have been fixing it and upgrading it and plan to continue to do so. New StopTech BBK, new ignition coils, new head unit that has android auto, fixed some minor oil leaks, new ground control camber kit, new tires, made my own pork chops, and other minor stuff. I plan to address the carbon buildup next and if it is needed I will pull the engine and go through the whole thing.

I had my heart set on a new Corvette but my head says keep this car, improve it and enjoy it. It is already built to my exact liking, it is not my primary vehicle, I can and enjoy working on it, and it's appreciating in value. I also love the jet engine sound of the turbo.

FWIW, I still have all of the original parts except for the wheels, headers, and exhaust

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I almost forgot I upgraded the radiator and oil cooler as well. And replaced the thermostat, again.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Archi, It would take a ridiculous offer at this point to pry it away from me. I have been fixing it and upgrading it and plan to continue to do so. New StopTech BBK, new ignition coils, new head unit that has android auto, fixed some minor oil leaks, new ground control camber kit, new tires, made my own pork chops, and other minor stuff. I plan to address the carbon buildup next and if it is needed I will pull the engine and go through the whole thing.

I had my heart set on a new Corvette but my head says keep this car, improve it and enjoy it. It is already built to my exact liking, it is not my primary vehicle, I can and enjoy working on it, and it's appreciating in value. I also love the jet engine sound of the turbo.

FWIW, I still have all of the original parts except for the wheels, headers, and exhaust
The turbo?

Good for you on keeping it. Many have made the mistake of selling.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
lat77, technically I would call it a procharger. It is a belt-driven turbine. Seller calls it a supercharger; probably because it is belt-driven. It looks like a huge turbocharger except that it takes fresh air, not exhaust and again the belt thing.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts