BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am purchasing a 2002 and wondering what the coverage is on the Nav CD. I know that you have to purchase 4? CD's to cover the US, but if the dealer is in Illinois, will that CD cover Illinois and Missouri? Where can I find this info?

·
Registered
177 Posts
I would just go to ebay and type in Navtech BMW. It'll pull up a number of different discs that you can check out. The website doesn't have a map that I can find.

·
Registered
76 Posts
jlindy said:
I am purchasing a 2002 and wondering what the coverage is on the Nav CD. I know that you have to purchase 4? CD's to cover the US, but if the dealer is in Illinois, will that CD cover Illinois and Missouri? Where can I find this info?
You can find out what CDs cover what areas at www.navteq.com

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
mdernst said:
You can find out what CDs cover what areas at www.navteq.com
I don't know if it is just me, but I can't find anything there. It says you have to call to order.

·
Registered
177 Posts
I must be having an idiot day also, cause I couldn't find it. Take my advice...go to ebay and you'll see all the maps with coverage area.

·
Registered
76 Posts
jlindy said:
I don't know if it is just me, but I can't find anything there. It says you have to call to order.
Well, I can tell you from personal/past experience (lived in Chicago) that CD Disk 5 covers northern Illinois, Indiana and I believe Ohio, Kentucky.

I just checked NAVTEQ and you're correct - it would appear they've changed their website (again) and are no longer selling CDs direct. Figures it was only a matter of time before BMW and their dealer network wanted to sell exclusively and tack on their ridiculous mark ups.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
On e bay it looks like the #5 CD covers (if the seller is correct) Midwest and Ohio:

You are bidding on a Range Rover On-Board Navigation System regional CD-ROM digital road map disc Mid West & Ohio Valley #5 version 2001-1 by NAVTECH (S0001-0115-103). This disc covers the following areas: IL (Chicago & St Louis) IN (Indianapolis & Kokomo) KY (Louisville) MI (Detroit-Grand Rapids-Lansing & Traverse City) OH (Toledo, Cincinnati, Cleveland, Columbus & Dayton) TN (Chattanooga, Knoxville, Memphis & Nashville) WI (Madison & Milwalkee-Kenosha-Rancine) WV (Charleston & Harpers Ferry).

When says Chicago and St. Louis next to IL, does that mean the IL side of St. Louis like East St. Louis?

Disc #3 covers some of Missouri as well:
You are bidding on a Range Rover On-Board Navigation System regional CD-ROM digital road map disc South Central #3 version 2001-1 by NAVTECH (S0001-0113-103). This disc covers the following areas: IA (Des Monies) KS (Kansas City KS/MO) MN (Minneapolis-St Paul & Rochester) MO (Branson) ND (Fargo-Moorhead ND/MN) NE (Omaha-Lincoln NE/IA) This Disc came from a 2001 Ranger Rover but is also compatible with BMW Navtech navigation systems as well.

Anyone from St. Louis know if they have the #5 disc? Maybe I should upgrade to DVD.:D

·
Registered
76 Posts
jlindy said:
On e bay it looks like the #5 CD covers (if the seller is correct) Midwest and Ohio:

Anyone from St. Louis know if they have the #5 disc? Maybe I should upgrade to DVD.:D
My recollection is that Disc 5 does NOT cover St. Louis at all and stops around Bloomington, IL. I may be wrong, but I have driven from Chicago to New Orleans many times in my 98 540 w/NAV and that is my recollection.

I must say, the DVD system (1 disk entire US) is very nice...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts