BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up a set of genuine Hamann side mirrors, at the time it seemed like a good idea. I have one installed and have mixed feelings. They are a good upgrade for 540 but down grade for the M5. I have Hamann wheels, rear spoiler, and front and rear style lip spoilers and roof spoiler. any thoughts on these mirrors?

Attachments

·
Registered
993 Posts
Hi,

I'll bite..

They look quite alot like E36 M3 mirrors.. no bad thing overall, but just don't seem to 'fit' well on the E39..

Cheers, Dennis!

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
The twin spoke design just doesn't tie in with anything on this car. I vote no on the car, but a cool piece nonetheless.

Reactions: gsfent

·
Registered
797 Posts
Maybe give us a full shot of the car?
^This.

I have the Hamann rear wing and front spoiler and even with your pic I'm still having a hard time picturing it on the car. Maybe it's because it doesn't fit, hard to say. Regardless, if YOU're not feeling it, don't put the other one on. (But show more pics so I can decide if I want them. :3: )

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
They look just like E34 or E36 M mirrors. I assume Hamman designed these when the E39 was new before the M5 came out, and designed them to follow with BMW's past M mirror offerings. I do not like the design on the E39 personally.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts