BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
All,

I have decided to sell my 2002 M5 (May 2002 build date). Carbon Black on Black interior. 156,000 miles. As of the typing of this message, I don't have any pics because I literally just made the decision to sell - if you are interested, PM me and I will email them to you directly.

I bought it in January of this year with 149,XXX on the clock. It has been a southern car its whole life - mostly Birmingham, AL, now in Peachtree City, GA. I am the fourth owner. It is completely stock as far as exhaust system, intake system, etc. It't not a collector grade car due to the mileage, but it is a great example to have if you want to drive your car on a regular basis.

In the last 5,000 miles, I have replaced all four lower control arms and both tie rod ends, all four cam position sensors, both throttle position sensors, installed a new coolant overflow tank, upgraded the NAV to Mark IV (although I don't have the DVD) and installed a newer BM53 radio with the AUX input capability.

Previous owners had the wheels refinished, installed new Michelin tires, fixed the twisted seats, installed M5 Zed's rear diff bushing, and took it to the BMW dealer in B'ham for a clean bill of health.

The paint is in good shape with a few rock chips on the front, and a couple of small dents on the top of the driver's side fender where it appears a shovel or rake handle impacted the car (PO) - a good PDR guy could pull them right out - overall I give the exterior a 7 of 10. The passenger side mirror has leaked and the driver's side doesn't fold like it is supposed to.

Same with the interior - the seats are in good shape with one area on the driver's seat where the stitches have loosened (it was really hot here in ATL this summer), the steering wheel and shifter knob are worn a bit, and the top of the console is slightly worn. A good interior treatment by a FIBRENEW franchise would solve 95% of the interior issues. The driver's seat would have to be removed for an interior shop to restitch the seat.

It has the folding rear seats and the M Audio package.

I also have spares that will go with the car: two front rotors, fuel pump, DSC brake hoses, a fuel line that is easily broken when chaging the pump (just in case) at least one oil filter and a gallon of the 10w-60 synthetic oil. I'll look through the box and see what else is in there and update interested parties via PM.

I enjoy the car and she is a blast to drive, but external forces are driving the sale (I should have been a lawyer).

I'm asking $15,000 with the spare parts. Delivery can be arranged within a reasonable radius of Atlanta. Or fly into ATL, I'll pick you up and you can drive her home. I will also assist in arrangement of any pre-buy inspections that a potential buyer desires. I will entertain offers, again within reason. Please respect me enough to justify your offer if it is significantly different than what I am asking...

Thanks.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Just drove this car today, it is rock solid. I'm debating purchasing, but it is not my first color choice, the only issue holding me back. Thought I'd let other interested parties know...

·
Registered
78 Posts
Is this car still for sale? Im local and would love to check it out. send me a email at [email protected]

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Bump. The car is still available. I have plans to have the drivers' seat repaired by a reputable upholstery shop here in Atlanta.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Still interested, can you send me another email? I seem to have lost your from above. Thanks

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ALCON,

I have been corrected on the color. The car is Jet Black NOT Carbon Black - my apologies for the confusion, it is not my intent to mislead...

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
bump. My M5 is still available. For those following, the car is at the upholstery shop (Banister's in East Point, GA) to have the driver's seat bolster repaired. PDR is next. She's still solid, ready for a new home.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts