Custom Alcantara steering wheel
ZHP knob with SSK
+ more

Asking $19,800

Attachments

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
I don't really think it's price "too high", maybe just towards the top of the market range. It's only been listed for 2 weeks or so. I think it might be due to the fact it's winter time, less traffic of buyers, and you also have a lot of "aesthetics" that might not be what someone is looking for. Just my opinion.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I would loose the hood and replace with an OEM one. The paint quality on yours looks terrible. I would also get some better pictures and invest in a detail. Dirty car makes buyers think the car is not maintained, even if it is. If the mileage and price was lower I would be interested. GLWS

·
Registered
632 Posts
Due to family I am selling my m5. 2002, 139K miles Carbon Black

Mods:
Bilstein Coilovers
Powerflex bushings
BMW PBK kit (front) drilled/slotted rotors rear
Front brake ducts
Muffler Delete, custom exhaust tips
Southbend Stage III clutch
AFE Intake, IATS relocate
Shark Injector Tune
New waterpump, thermostat
New battery
Integrated K40 radar/laser detector
Custom Schmeidmann Hood
Custom Alcantara steering wheel
ZHP knob with SSK
+ more

Asking $19,800
Oh yeah bring it back more to OEM standards and I am sure you will get more traffic on this vehicle.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Is the price too high?
From my experiences, it is more profitable to sell parts separately and have the car as close to stock as possible.

For me, at this price and mileage I would need to see a lot of records. The little items that need addressing adds up quickly in these cars. If I didnt do my own labor who knows the costs...

Compare to other ads and price accordingly. It may be good to ask someone who has actually sold one what they got for it to see what you may need to list it at.

It took me 4 months or so to sell mine...You just need the right buyer for the price, whatever that is.

·
Registered
4,407 Posts

Dude... that spoiler isn't even close to being in the right place.

With those mods I think the price is a bit high personally. Plus the cosmetic changes are very ...specific... to your tastes. Get it back to OEM spec and it will sell faster for a little bit less and you can resell the mods to recoup the difference in value. At the very least I'd take off the various "M" stripes over everything and maybe polish the hood. From the pictures the hood doesn't appear to match the rest of the car in sheen or color.

Maybe making an effort to get some good pictures would help too.

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
You're right, it is customized, yes the spoiler isn't in the original spot, but it'll take 15 minutes to move to wherever you want it

·
Registered
265 Posts
That hood, lol, i wouldn't even be seen driving that...OP you should def bring this car back to OEM standards, at least Gentleman BMW standards and you might get more interest,,,, 19k w 134,000 miles & looking like that?

·
Registered
107 Posts
I am in Columbia and in the market for one now. We can talk if you will be willing to work on the price, maybe put it back to stock, at least appearance wise. That is a lot of miles with no mention of service records and a price that doesnt match.

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
1 - 19 of 19 Posts