BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hope i am not being repetitive here--i tried to post this earlier but it has not shown up yet.

i took my car into east bay bmw (pleasanton, california) today for service and in the showroom is a 2002 M5 with 6,600 original miles. car is black with black interior and wood trim. car has 19 inch AC schnitzer rims with new pilot sports. car is gorgeous--they are asking $63,000.

call ulyses smith if you have interest--925-463-2555.

mark

·
Registered
12,398 Posts
They'll need a duster...

At 63k for an '02 it will be there for quite some time.

About $10k over dealer RETAIL, and that's 4k over private party...

Oh, bay area...

A

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
I have an '01 that is bone stock with 7800 miles and a perfect jet black finish. I would want around mid 50s. No less that 55k because of the state of the finish and 6 year factory extended warranty.

·
Registered
193 Posts
ard said:
Oh, bay area...
Why ARE Bay Area prices so much higher than anywhere else? People think their cars are made of platinum around here. Prices seem to be lowest in Houson and Phoenix.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I have looked at all of the dealer sale cars in Houston and have not been impressed with what I've seen. All of the cars that are currently available here (remember only mentioning dealer sales) have been rough.

The only one that was/is (not sure if it is still available) clean is an '01 gray/black with 19K at the Sugar Land Merc dealer. Last I was told the asking price was still a little hefty at $45,900 (car is out of warranty).

·
Registered
1,695 Posts
HBRAMSTEDT said:
I have an '01 that is bone stock with 7800 miles and a perfect jet black finish. I would want around mid 50s. No less that 55k because of the state of the finish and 6 year factory extended warranty.

Hi Hbramstedt,

I'm not sure if you're selling or not, but my recent M5 purchase will give you an indication where the markets at.

I bought a 2003 M5 with 5200 miles with 33 months left on the warranty for 58K. The car is in Mint conditon, bone stock.

The reason for this post is that I see M5's advertised in Roundel magazine way higher then where the actual market for closed sales is.

·
Registered
55 Posts
greer said:
Hi Hbramstedt,

I'm not sure if you're selling or not, but my recent M5 purchase will give you an indication where the markets at.

I bought a 2003 M5 with 5200 miles with 33 months left on the warranty for 58K. The car is in Mint conditon, bone stock.

The reason for this post is that I see M5's advertised in Roundel magazine way higher then where the actual market for closed sales is.
I applaud you for getting such a spectacular deal. I wish I had spent
time on this website before pulling the trigger on mine.

·
Registered
1,695 Posts
bksf said:
I applaud you for getting such a spectacular deal. I wish I had spent
time on this website before pulling the trigger on mine.

This website is a Goldmine for M5 lovers.

You can bet your bottom dollar that when the new M5 comes out people will run to the Dealership, pay 20K over sticker then in a few years trade the car in.

And i'll be there patient, like a shark in the water i'll find a motivated seller of his E60 M5 and I will buy another low milage used M5 at a discounted price.

There's always a Deal out there.

·
Registered
12,398 Posts
greer said:
like a shark in the water .
Nah, more like a catfish ... slow, implacable, deliberate...eventually gets the morsel that slips past the shark feeding frenzy at the surface.

(No slight intended, of course...)

A

·
Registered
1,695 Posts
ard said:
Nah, more like a catfish ... slow, implacable, deliberate...eventually gets the morsel that slips past the shark feeding frenzy at the surface.

(No slight intended, of course...)

A

I like Catfish.

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Jaeger said:
Why ARE Bay Area prices so much higher than anywhere else? People think their cars are made of platinum around here. Prices seem to be lowest in Houson and Phoenix.
bay area asking prices are just higher....waiting to prey on lazy bay area buyers who are amazingly accepting of all sorts of stuff..... :eek:

i don't think they trade higher out here any more but if you don't ask you don't get, so they ask...

·
Registered
55 Posts
greer said:
This website is a Goldmine for M5 lovers.

You can bet your bottom dollar that when the new M5 comes out people will run to the Dealership, pay 20K over sticker then in a few years trade the car in.

And i'll be there patient, like a shark in the water i'll find a motivated seller of his E60 M5 and I will buy another low milage used M5 at a discounted price.

There's always a Deal out there.
Agreed! I'm planning to keep my 2003 M5 for a few years. During that time, perhaps BMW will iron out most of the kinks in the e60, which are inevitable.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts