BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone heard if the 2002 M5 is getting a power increase? It would make sense given that the new 7 series 4.4 liter V-8 option is supposedly getting 320hp? If they are going to make the 4.4 liter (I assume they wouldn't make a different version for the 540)so powerful it would cut the gap between the 540 and the M5. I am on the waiting list for a 2002 M5.

Additionally, my girlfriend ordered an M3. What is the name of that silver color at the Frankfurt auto show? It is amazing that the dealers are so unknowledgeable about the cars they sell. They have no idea about colors or anything.

·
Registered
91 Posts
For each M model since the M1, the models had received a engine envolution few years after...........so a M5 evolution with about 450 HP must born in 2002 or 2003 (maybe when will appear X5M.

The silver color was just for auto show and (in first time) impossible to obtain.

Regards

JC

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have heard some rumers that BMW M are working on a V10 with 500 hp that are planned for the M5, if that is thrue I would think that they imidiatly put the V8 M5 engine in the new M3..... that would really be a beast.....

Anyone else heard this rumers.

Originally posted by Jean-Christophe:
For each M model since the M1, the models had received a engine envolution few years after...........so a M5 evolution with about 450 HP must born in 2002 or 2003 (maybe when will appear X5M.

The silver color was just for auto show and (in first time) impossible to obtain.

Regards

JC

1 - 3 of 3 Posts