BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello fellow enthusiasts,

I'm posting this for a friend (Dean). You can certainly reach out to me with questions and I'll relay them to the seller. His contact info is below if you'd like to reach him directly.

I can vouch 100% that this car is in great condition and is maintained well. Driven as an M5 should be but never abused. He just picked up his dream car and is putting all he has into it and his new business. You will not be disappointed with this car.

Cheers,
Meltron

////// Ok, here are the sellers words ////////////

Summary
I've had the car since February, and it has lived up to all of my expectations. I get compliments everywhere I go about the car. It pulls hard, cruises nicely, and has always been taken care of. Only redline 10w60 or liqimoly 10w60 used. It is a solid car with a lot of maint done and the common issues remedied.

Price
$16k obo

Miles

The Good
Rod bearings recently replace
Vanos rebuilt
Cooling system done
Brakes good
Front tires at 80% (could use a set of rears)
Clutch grabs well
Shifts great
Recently detailed with paint correction

The Bad
needs pixels fixed
Needs fuel vent valve (will be done before sale)
post cat o2 sensor (will be done before sale)
center drive shaft bearing (will be done before sale)
Wheels need re powder coating

Just picked up another car and I need this gone to fund other endeavors. Asking 16k which I believe is fair in this market for this car. Call or text me anytime at 404-353-8869 with any questions and I'll tell you all about it.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Ditto. An '02 with those miles and that service is a darn good find. And LMB, who can argue with that!

·
Registered
658 Posts
^Jus bad pic/lighting/white balance. Carpet and dash are black.

·
Registered
3,784 Posts
If you were only in SoCal

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
BUMP!!
TTT!!

Price UPDATE!! Dean (owner of the car) said new price was $13,500.
He really needs it gone this week. Looking for a good deal on a well loved and maintained Lemans Blue beast, then you've found it.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Ouch! If only I were in the market today. Looks like a great deal . . . someone is going to be getting an excellent deal!

Have to know . . . what did you purchase to prompt this sale?

GLWS (not that you will need it)

·
Registered
40 Posts
Hey guys, the car is mine:) As previously stated Melvin can vouch for how well the car runs and drives. I picked up a Porsche 964, a dream car of mine long before the e39. looking for a quick sale. Please dont hesitate to shoot me a call or text anytime if you are a SERIOUS buyer. I am very busy so no tire kickers. If you didnt see the number in the add its 404-353-8869. Thanks, Dean.

·
Registered
47 Posts
964. Nice. I've always loved the 930 factory slant nose. Not a Targa though. Hardtop. Sweet M5. If it's only worth $13500 to you just keep it! You'll regret selling. Everyone does.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I know I will, but at this point I don't need it. I'll be back. She isn't an eag perfect example, but is very clean and runs awesome. Just looking to give some a deal. Next time around it'll be a Chiaretto example.

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Just noticed the Oklahoma plate in the first picture - this must be the one that was for sale early this year near Grand Lake, OK? I nearly pulled the trigger on this one but glad to see it went to a good home. Bump for a great price!

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Sorry for the confusion. I believe the car is in Atlanta, as stated in the ad. If it's the same car I think it is, it came from Oklahoma and I assume the first pic was taken shortly after the current owner purchased it.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I saw this on CL last night and was dreaming about getting my M3 sold and booking a ticket off to Atlanta. I would be all over this if I had the cash. Huge plus that the rod bearings have already been done.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Yes the car is located in Atlanta. I would love for someone to trade me a "beater" e36m or b5 s4....something along those lines. Problem is most m3 are to nice to make a deal with the minimum about of cash I want.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I am too new on the M5board to send PM. Please send me a PM with your email address (or phone # and I'll text you). I would prefer email as I have a rather lengthy description of the car typed out already. I have an e36 m3, 98.5, titanium silver, 5 speed, 144k miles and am interested in your car. It's probably a little bit of a long shot for me but I'm curious what you consider and value a "beater" m3. My e36 M won't fit a baby seat (or two baby seats) in the back if i ever had to whereas the M5 would if I was put into that situation.

I also go by jjoel on another very popular BMW forum and have around 1000 posts and have bought a car from a member as well as bought parts from other members there etc.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Thanks for all the interest guys. To the persons that have offered 10k, and to the people that plan on doing it, stop. It isnt going to happen. I dont need your opinions on the market and what you think the car is worth before you even see it. At the very least come check it out before making a cash offer. Too many tire kickers wasting my time.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts