BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
843 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Posting for a friend.

Up for sale is a beautiful 2002 M5 -- in the stunning, rare combination of Le Mans Blue over Caramel Full Leather interior with Bruyere club wood trim. The beast currently has 118,6XX miles. The car is in great condition as you will see in the pictures below and very well maintained. Previously a California car, this 4 owner enthusiast owned car is now located outside New Orleans. Only selling due to recent hand and shoulder injuries.

Options are:
Fold down seats
Park Distance Control
M Audio

Upgrades:
Upgraded to MKIV Navigation
Added BMW OEM Bluetooth module
Added Intravee II with Alpine KCA-420i iPod interface
Replaced both rear speakers
Replaced kidney grills with matte black grills
Replaced shift knob with brand new OEM unit
Replaced taillights with OEM Hella CELIS Smoked taillights
Tinted windows with 20% film

Recent Maintenance

Inspection II: Oil, filter, air filter, fuel filter, pollen filter, spark plugs, Red Line diff oil, and Redline transmission fluid.
Rear brakes: Rotors and pads
Brake Flush
Coolant Flush
New Battery
New Pilot Sport 2 Rear tires (fronts have 17k and in great shape)

Highlights of Previous Work:

At 76k miles, the car was taken to Howard Brown and Sons body shop for the following:

Re-sprayed front bumper, filled in license plate holes
Replaced both front lower fender liners and bumper splashguards.
Replaced both fog lights
Replaced both headlight rubber surrounds
Replaced headlight washer nozzles
Installed AA cold air intake and brake cooling ducts

At 77k miles Bob Smith BMW replaced the instrument cluster for dead pixels.

At 80k miles:

Replaced both power steering lines
Replaced both valve cover gaskets
Re-sealed change over valve
Installed E60 SSK
Replaced sway bar brackets with E36 M3 steel brackets
Replaced brake light switch
Replaced both rear upper arms
Performed 4 wheel alignment

Contact Chris at --- janko91110 (at) gmail (dot) com --- for more information and to set a time to check out the car.

Asking $17,900.

·
Registered
114 Posts
I know the past 2 owners if this car. Deal with confidence guys!
Did you become a member just to mention this? You could be legit and just trying to help us out but some of us could be a bit skeptical as you just joined the forum. Not sure a recommendation will help for such a new member.

I am still interested in the car though. Awaiting more pics of interior and engine bay. All mechanical records are a plus as well.

·
Registered
843 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
SoCal is a mutual friend of myself and the previous two owners. He is far from a shill user and is actually looking to pick up an E39 M himself soon.

Regardless, I requested interior pics and will get those to you. I don't think the trade will work as he is getting a truck next, but I will ask.

·
Registered
114 Posts
SoCal is a mutual friend of myself and the previous two owners. He is far from a shill user and is actually looking to pick up an E39 M himself soon.

Regardless, I requested interior pics and will get those to you. I don't think the trade will work as he is getting a truck next, but I will ask.
Sounds good. Thanks for the confirmation. Looking forward to the other pics.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Did you become a member just to mention this? You could be legit and just trying to help us out but some of us could be a bit skeptical as you just joined the forum. Not sure a recommendation will help for such a new member.

I am still interested in the car though. Awaiting more pics of interior and engine bay. All mechanical records are a plus as well.

Sounds good. Thanks for the confirmation. Looking forward to the other pics.
To echo what he said, I became a member because I will be buying an E39 M5 in a few months when I come back from an overseas deployment. I know LJG, Chris Janko (the current owner), and the previous owner personally. :tonquesmilie:

·
Registered
111 Posts
Would you consider trading a 2001 740i M-sport with 73k miles plus cash on my end? I had a M5 before this. Great car, very comfortable but miss having a stick.

·
Registered
114 Posts
To echo what he said, I became a member because I will be buying an E39 M5 in a few months when I come back from an overseas deployment. I know LJG, Chris Janko (the current owner), and the previous owner personally. :tonquesmilie:
Sounds good. Thanks for clarifying and responding.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Have you had the chance to email me those pics yet? Just checking since it's been a few days and I haven't seen anything come through. Thanks. It will also help if you can email me the phone number of the seller so I can speak with him and ask questions. This obviously is typical of someone buying a car out of state. Is this doable?

·
Registered
843 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Have you had the chance to email me those pics yet? Just checking since it's been a few days and I haven't seen anything come through. Thanks. It will also help if you can email me the phone number of the seller so I can speak with him and ask questions. This obviously is typical of someone buying a car out of state. Is this doable?
Email sent with pictures and contact.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts