BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello all,

I have been reading through the forum for two years during my ownership of this beautiful machine.
Now it's time to make space in the garage and let someone else enjoy the M5.

The car has always been well maintained by the fist owner (I am the second owner). It has been dealership maintained and then maintained/serviced at the M shop in Eagle Rock, CA. I have all the service records and you can ask the M shop about the car.
I can release the previous owner's name and info if needed.
After I acquired the car, I always took it back to the M shop to get it serviced.
It is pretty much stock except for the suspension. Decided to go with aftermarket since the OEM shocks were going out during last inspection service.

The car:
2002 BMW E39 M5
Sterling Grey
157,388 miles (still has original clutch and drives fine, shows you that the car has never been beaten or raced)
K&N air filters
Asking $14,000

Recent Inspection I service at 150,000 miles.
New differential mounts
New rear sway bar brackets
New front control arm bushings
New valve cover gaskets
New front brake pads and rotors
New thermostat
New radiator
Bilstein PSS Coilovers

Next service will call for lower oil pan and level sensor gasket - $187.78
If you plan on driving the car really hard (track day), then I recommend a clutch replacement. It still grabs fine, but any power shifting for 0-60 or 0-100mph runs will cause the clutch to slip a bit. Honesty, with all the mileage, it's amazing the clutch even lasted this long.

Cons:
Small crack and scratches on the front bumper. The scratch is on the lower right side (near the foglight) due to parking blocks or curbs I'm assuming (by previous owner).
Door ding on front passenger side door. I guess expected from a car that has been daily driven for 12 years.
Some water damage on front passenger door. Stupid me left the window down and it rained. Out of all the days we don't have rain in SoCal, had to be the day I left the window down.
Common dead pixels on the dash. Still somewhat readable.

The car is located in Fullerton, CA.
You can contact me anytime and feel free to come check out the car.
Thanks,

Chris
[email protected]

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Photos of the front bumper scratches, water damage on the passenger door, and door ding (circled in red).

Attachments

·
Registered
18 Posts
REALLY nice car, really hope you get a quick sale soon, one of the first very good deals I've seen for months of looking. I don't think door dings are that important, last week a kind stranger left me with 4 door dings, including 1 on the fender, in one day.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks! I bought it with all these scratches on the front bumper and rear bumper from the previous owner. I got the rear bumper replaced when someone hit me from behind when I was parked in a driveway to a parking lot. It was a small accident but the bumper did crack, so I got the rear replaced and it looks great. Never got to fixing the front since replacing the bumper is so expensive. I spent a lot of money just doing maintenance just to keep her in top shape. I would hate to see her go, but finances are just too tight right now. I post it on here since I know someone will take good care of her.

Oh, I forgot to mention the wheels have some curb rashes on them (also previous owner). The previous owner always kept the car mechanically sound. But, being a daily driver for him, cosmetically, there are some scratches here and there which can be expected.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Keep me in the loop. Price looks pretty close. IF I need to replace my M5 I should know in the next two weeks and could easily consider this the right car. I will keep you posted as well. Nothing official but when it is I would be moving quick to purchase the next one...

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Keep me in the loop. Price looks pretty close. IF I need to replace my M5 I should know in the next two weeks and could easily consider this the right car. I will keep you posted as well. Nothing official but when it is I would be moving quick to purchase the next one...
Sure, no problem. I'll be sure to keep this post updated.
Thanks!

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
Great price for a great car... this would be mine if I had the funds ready to go right now. Gorgeous. GLWS

·
Registered
201 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts