BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
848 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I bought a new car and now the M5 pretty much just sits parked. It's a clean title no accidents, all stock. The car runs and drives great and its had a lot of major maintenance items taken care. The car is in really good shape for being 12 years old but keep in mind its a used car not new. The exterior is in good shape with the exception of a chip in the paint on the front bumper and two holes from a front plate. The interior is in mint condition. Wheels have very minor curb rash with new tires. Engine doesn't burn or leak any fluids and runs perfectly. Here are some of the details:

2002 BMW M5
107,xxx miles
All options including front/rear PDC and sunshade.
Suede headliner
M Audio

Maintenance Items I have addressed (all completed in the last 500 miles):
Luk Clutch
Luk Flywheel
OEM RMS
OEM Transmission Mounts

OEM Shifter bushings<?xml:namespace prefix = "o" ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com

<o:p>
</o:p>
</P><o:p>

·
Registered
85 Posts
Looks like a nice one and the price is right. Can you tell me what was installed on the left trim near the turn signal arm? Also, do you have any pics of the undercarriage and other possible rust areas?

·
Registered
6,632 Posts
Where about in Michigan?

·
Registered
848 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
No rust and yes I can take more pictures of the undercarriage tomorrow.
I'm in Birmingham, MI.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Still for sale?

·
Registered
848 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
sorry everybody ive been out of town, yes its still for sale. Ill lower the price to $14,000 too.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Nice to know this one is still available. Do you have any undercarriage pics (checking for rust)? Is the paint original, or was the trim painted independent of the rest of the body?

·
Registered
364 Posts
Nice to know this one is still available. Do you have any undercarriage pics (checking for rust)? Is the paint original, or was the trim painted independent of the rest of the body?
I have the same question. Car looks awesome, but wondering about the color matched trim

·
Registered
848 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
sorry everyone if you're really interested pm me and ill give you my phone number and we can talk.
ive been trying to take pictures under the car but its been raining and cold here.
as far as the moldings yes they were painted independent of the rest of the car, actually with the front bumper. the po had the front bumper painted and decided to do the side moldings as well.

·
Registered
110 Posts
cant PM as I joined the forums JUST to inquire about this car, please try sending me a PM, otherwise : char.klavin at yaho o dot com

·
Registered
110 Posts
I don't know if this is one giant mistake or not, but I ran the Cali plates and got the VIN. the carfax report is intriguing, to say the least. again just taking from the plates, which spat out a VIN I ran the VIN+plates with carfax and the VIN with BMWarchive decoder, and both say this car is a 2000. the archive decoder also gives the production date of 4th of October, 1999. so this car does not appear to be a 2002. it does appear it was in a front end collision (explaining the trims being painted on the bumper that someone asked about) and the shiny halos, which 2000s didnt have if im not mistaken. also the VINdecoder gives the car's manufactured color which is NOT this dark grey. the color, again according to the VINdecoder, the original color was carbon black (color 416).

i would stay away from this car.

·
Registered
848 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
it is a GIANT mistake on your part and I really don't appreciate your posting without asking me about it.
you don't know the vin of the car and the car is not a 2000. I will post pics of the vin tag.
I hate it when people try to play detective but have no idea what they are talking about.
the plates you ran are currently registered to a carbon black 2000 m5 (along with a 2004 M3, 2009 M3, 2010 S4, 2014 S5 if you really must know) which I also own and IS NOT the car for sale here.

·
Registered
343 Posts
I can state this car is legit from the research I did on it. This included pulling the car fax. People should not post when they don't know what they are talking about.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts