BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Selling my 02 M5 with 241k miles.
Carbon Black on Caramel.

This car is my daily driver that I've owned for 2 years. With 241k miles and I would not hesitate to drive it from NY to FL. I'll start with the maintenance I've done within my ownership. Every thing is original minus the exhaust. (muffler and resonator delete with custom X pipe and Magnaflow tips

New clutch kit/flywheel/shifter bushings/CSB Gubio, Trans mounts, trans fluid
New diff mounts with front bushing and diff fluid new engine mounts, new wheel hub bearings
20 piece Lemforder control arm kit (the car needs new shocks)
New brakes and rotors all around (Zimmerman/Jurid) the car needs rear tires front caliper rebuild.
Every type of fluid the car uses is fresh.
New MAFS new TPS New chain guide tensioner, new power steering hoses and reservoir, new thermostat, new fuel pump and fuel filter, cluster pixel rebuild, valve cover gaskets, oil filter housing mounts, original guides and bearings, engine feels amazingly strong and sounds wonderful, new plugs new fan clutch, oil temp sensor, coolant sensor,

This post is off the top of my head. I will be updating the thread with pictures and more maintenance. I have records for everything. However if you are interested you can send me a PM I'll give you my number and send you a walk around video. Car is located in Long Island NY asking $9000 pick up only.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hey man I’m interested in this but have no idea how to pm you. Any way you can pm me? I’m local to you in ny

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
High miler, yes. But the price is right.

Reactions: Itrucknyc

·
Registered
423 Posts
Are you open for trade in
CLASSIC BMWs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
It's not right to get others hopes up by posting a lower priced, yet higher mileage M5 only to then say "I'm on the fence about selling."

When I was looking for mine HARD, I went and test drove the Director of Marketing's car at Turner Motorsport. Liked it mostly, except for a few things, offered a little less than asking price, eventually came around to full offer whereupon he said to me "I've decided to keep it."

I wasted about 2 weeks of my one month I had to find another car, specifically an E39 M5 because of these shenanigans. Don't do this to others until you are serious about selling the car.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Or just sell it to the first person that brings the cash. It’s simple really. If the seller left money on the table with the initial offer, so be it.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I would be very interested in this if you’re still looking to sell it. I’m located in CT and will be on LI this weekend. I can bring cash.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Great price even with problems. Some E39 540i's are in this range. Of course, would need to see a more detailed posting. If cylinder pressures, and an oil analysis are good, there may be many more miles of enjoyable driving (until rod bearings or engine rebuild). But even a part out would bring more than $9K, I would think.
(I would consider if I didn't already have an '02. And a '98 528i. No more garage space...or time!)
OP should provide pics and more details, and then just ask what the forum members think it's worth. And where did the $9K price come from?

·
Registered
871 Posts
I think the op didn't expect the interest in the car till the money started to come calling. We know he was frustrated with the things that's was wrong with the car. He didn't think so much people would want to put in the leg work to make the car 100% now he wants to keep it...

·
Registered
22 Posts
we used to see bargains (compared to the current markets) like this on here all the time not too long ago, now it is a rare sighting.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts