BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The day I thought would never arrive.........arrived. I'm selling my extremely clean 2002 E39 Sterling Grey over Black Heritage Extended Leather M5. This car is fantastic in every single way and has been an absolute blast to drive. I'm starting a new business venture in Jan and unfortunately I need a daily commuter to put a ton of miles on, and thus I must get rid of my M. I purchased this vehicle from the EAG guys back in 5/2012 with 80,521 miles and the beast currently has 104,xxx miles. Everything on the vehicle was sorted by the EAG guys when I purchased it (for a prem of course) and since then I've maintained and addressed every issue with the help of m5deamon (the best resident mechanic on our boards). I've been a BMW enthusiast and owner for over 15+ years and I've babied this car since the day I've owned it (maint, washes, garaged, non-smoker, etc). I'm hopeful to be able to sell it to an enthusiast like myself to treat it with the same TLC.

Exterior - Great condition. There are no dings, dents, or any major flaws with the exterior. It has the normal small chips on the hood and other leading surfaces, about what you would expect on a car this age/mileage. Car was washed and waxed regularly and it shows. Wheels were refinished to a high standard when I bought the car, and only 1 rim has very minor rash (see pics). Front tires have roughly 60% left while the rear tires have a season left.

Interior - Great condition. Normal to lighter wear on the drivers side bolster, no holes burns, stains or other issues. The Black Heritage Extended leather was treated yearly with Leatherique and is in fantastic condition. Carbon fiber steering wheel and CF interior trim really update the interior along with the other tasteful interior mods (see below).

Mechanical - Excellent running condition, car throws no codes that trigger an SES light. The car has just passed NY state inspection and emissions without any issues. Car has been very reliable and runs great.

BASICS:
2002 E39 M5
Sterling Grey exterior
Black Nappa Heritage Extended Leather
Premium Package
Cold Weather Package

Mods: (I've saved every OEM part I replaced minus the interior trim)
Alcantara Shift Boot and E-Brake Boot
ZHP Shift Knob
Schmiedmann Clear Lens Cover
Muffler Delete (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yg5gGC8QS9A)
Custom M Ultimate Pedals
LED Angel eyes and LED License Plate
M5 Logo Rear License Plate Holder
Autocarbon Carbon Fiber Steering wheel
Real Carbon Fiber Interior Trim
H&R 20mm Spacers Front
Slimmbones Lower Front Grill with Duct Openings
Slimmbones Rear Finned Diffuser
Hardwired Parrot Bluetooth Speaker
Ultimate Cup Holder
Dice iPod/iPhone Integration
Pro Clip iPhone Holder
Black 3.5" Exhaust Tips
30% Window Tint
BavAuto Front Tow License Plate Holder (no holes in the front bumper)

I'm hopeful the pictures below give a sense of the condition and how clean this car really is. It's been to date the greatest car I've ever owned and I know I will regret this decision down the road until I'm able to buy another one.

PRICE: $19,750
I have the PPI and work order from EAG I can email, or a new PPI is welcomed/encouraged at buyer’s expense. If you have any questions, feel free to reply here, PM, email, text, or call.

Email: [email protected]
Cell: 516-313-6793

Attachments

·
Registered
35 Posts
LOVE the car dude. Quick question about your wheel spacers, it says you have 20mm spacer, any rubbing issues? And are you at stock height?

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
LOVE the car dude. Quick question about your wheel spacers, it says you have 20mm spacer, any rubbing issues? And are you at stock height?
Thank you. I don't have any rubbing issues with the 20mm spacers and I am on the stock suspension ride height. Hope that helps.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Thank you. I don't have any rubbing issues with the 20mm spacers and I am on the stock suspension ride height. Hope that helps.
Helps very much. Just recently got an 03 M5, same color as yours but wheels are black instead. But need to push the front wheels out a bit more. Your post was the only one with specs and a picture. Thanks for your help! GLWS

·
Registered
56 Posts
My car's twin - beautiful and GLWS!

Question for you: who makes the front fog light air intakes you have? I'm soon installing the Evolve CAI (George is, specifically hahah) and I'd like to do the same.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Question about exterior color

I'm very interested in this car, but one of my hangups in the exterior color. I've never seen a Sterling Grey in real life before. While it looks awesome in these pictures, I'm wondering what you all have experienced in terms of ease of keeping clean. I've noticed that black cars look amazing when pampered, but take a lot of work to maintain, while lighter colors can look fantastic but also be more forgiving.

Just wondering what Sterling Grey owners have to say about the color.

·
Registered
56 Posts
From my own experience, Sterling is gorgeous in pictures, even better in person, and it hides dirt very well. I haven't washed my car in weeks and it still looks fantastic. In contrast, my old black 540i would look terrible when not washed. I'm sure Andre would agree on the ease of taking care of Sterling.

I have seen this car at George's shop before and can tell you it's in exceptional condition (both physically and mechanically) and looks just as good in person as it does in these pictures.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
My car's twin - beautiful and GLWS!

Question for you: who makes the front fog light air intakes you have? I'm soon installing the Evolve CAI (George is, specifically hahah) and I'd like to do the same.
Thanks Titan for those compliments and comments. I think I saw your beast at George's last time I was there. Very beatiful example and best of luck with it! I don't remember the exact make of the fog light covers but I'm pretty sure they were from eBay. They were nice when I first installed them but after awhile they didn't hold up well. Switched back to oem's.

Sterling grey is my favorite grey BMW has ever produced. When clean with some gloss is a very close second to a gloss black car. Best part is it hides the dirt well. I love it!

·
Registered
658 Posts
Congrats! It's coming to ATL right?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts