BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
EDIT: I forgot about this listing since I don't frequent the board anymore. Updating it now (11/26/19).

I'm listing my Carbon black 2002 M5 (E39) for sale. My teenagers are constantly complaining that it's too small & they don't have enough room in the back seat. (I purchased a Cayenne TT as my DD 6 months ago so the M5 is now just a weekend driver.) I'm the 3rd owner and have thoroughly enjoyed this beast for 6+ years and 70k miles. It was built in Oct 2001 & now has 153k on the clock (8500 mi/yr avg). 1 fender bender in 2006 by PO; non-smoker; clean title in hand.

For sale photos: https://photos.app.goo.gl/Ss8LVq7cZPc6Lveq5

I've performed lots of maintenance & repairs (listed below). I had a Blackstone oil analysis done in 2017(?) and it came back fine (no excessive wear). I did a suspension refresh last spring (control arms, ball joints, tie rods, etc). I have a bunch of repair pics on Google photos : https://photos.app.goo.gl/KPaYrv2uq8v2jesA6 (Looks like Google stores them in random order.)

Here's a video of a cold start of my car:

<B>Known issues:</B>
(NO VANOS ISSUES, NO SECONDARY AIR PUMP ISSUES, NO CEL)

There is some oil consumption with this car. I have to add a quart about every 3k miles.

There is slight weeping from the power steering hose. I just ordered the #15 return hose. The Lemforder center link I installed in 2018 has a recall, and I've received the new part. The front Conti tires have 3/32" tread.

CD changer fails when switching discs. Navigation is from a 2001 DVD. These 2 items are likely issues only for the few people left without smartphones.

<B>Appearance:</B>
Pretty good condition for a 17 yo car. The paint is carbon black, and the interior is black leather. The rear bumper has a small 2-3" crack from someone backing into me. The hood has the usual rock chips. The front bumper was replaced in 2017 due to a parking lot incident w/ rebar sticking up out of a chock & ripping it halfway off. The driver seat shows some wear but no rips/tears. On the trunk lid is an LSU magnet - not a bumper sticker. I recently replaced the hood/trunk badges. The stock wheels had major flaking & peeling, so they were refinished in satin black. The car is stock.

<B>Test drives:</B>
If you want a test drive, I'll need to see your valid driver's license and take a photo of it. I'll ride with you on the drive. I always baby the car until the engine is warmed up, and I expect you to do the same.

<B>Inspection:</B>
If you want to have a mechanic inspect the car at your expense, I'm fine with that and can work with you. I recommend Eurotune - they are independent BMW mechanics who have done a few jobs on my car. I also recommend Bimmer Rescue, another indy shop. They did a couple repairs for me last month & provided a comprehensive checklist on my car. I've updated the items w/ my notes. Here's the PDF:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1brAu9ZFju6wv5oRwgxIJn6C97dIFY3cm/view?usp=sharing

<B>Maintenance/repairs:</B>

cabin filters -99k
fr brake pads ~100k
fr O2 sensors - 108k
spark plugs - 122k
ps supply hose - 125k
fuel filter - 125k
fuel pump - 125k
MAFs - 129k
wipers - 130k
2 fr tires - 133k
4 rotors - 133k
trans fluid - 136k
diff fluid - 136k
battery - 140k
2 rr tires - 143k
fr/rr susp - 143k
oil / filter - 148k
fr rt wheel hub/bearing - 149k
air filters - 149k
ps fluid - 149k
belts - 149k

1st two owners:
clutch/flywheel - 12k
valve cover gaskets - 40k
coolant - 60k
decarbon service - 60k
brake fluid - 74k

VIN -- WBSDE93402CF90350

<B>$15K. </B>

If you need add'l photos please let me know. I'll be happy to get more.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Not having much luck uploading smaller pics...

·
Registered
87 Posts
You mean built October 2001

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Oops! I can't believe I missed that. Thanks for catching it.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'll post my Google Voice # on here since I'm not on the site daily and notifications don't always come through.

Feel free to call/text. If you call please leave a VM since I screen my calls.

8oh4 3six2 733six

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Thank you to the fellow board member for sending me the Carfax. I learned a couple more things about my car. I always believed I was the 2nd owner and it was accident free. However, the report says I'm the 3rd owner and there was an accident reported in Arkansas in 12/2006.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
$17000. Price drop.

I think I'm going to replace it with a Cayenne - at minimum a V8. I've considered X5 Ms but those are very rare & hard to find.

Power steering hose arrived. Haven't installed yet.

Both coolant temp sensors replaced after the CEL came on a couple weeks ago.

CD changer is working again (for now). I disassembled and cleaned the loading mechanism.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Just received the crash report from AR state police today. Someone turned left in front of the M5. The driver tried to slow down but couldn't stop in time. The report states "minimal damage to front bumper driver side".

I plan to post the PDF online once I redact the owners' info in the report.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Price drop. $16000.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
General question regarding exterior cosmetic issues (rock chips, scratches, small dents): would a buyer prefer them a) left alone, b) touched up, c) panel repainted, d) something else? This would be in relation to cars regularly driven and maintained. I'd like to hear thoughts about this.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
bump for updated info in 1st post

·
Registered
74 Posts
Not having any luck viewing the pictures, also where are you located

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Not having any luck viewing the pictures, also where are you located
Richmond VA. I'm not sure why the pics aren't working. Let me work on that tonight.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts