BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
<iframe src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/MnsMyJPiRoI" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="315" width="420"></iframe>

<style> <!-- /* Font Definitions */ @font-face {font-family:"MS 明朝"; panose-1:0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0; mso-font-charset:128; mso-generic-font-family:roman; mso-font-format:eek:ther; mso-font-pitch:fixed; mso-font-signature:1 134676480 16 0 131072 0;} @font-face {font-family:"MS 明朝"; panose-1:0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0; mso-font-charset:128; mso-generic-font-family:roman; mso-font-format:eek:ther; mso-font-pitch:fixed; mso-font-signature:1 134676480 16 0 131072 0;} @font-face {font-family:Cambria; panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4; mso-font-charset:0; mso-generic-font-family:auto; mso-font-pitch:variable; mso-font-signature:3 0 0 0 1 0;} /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-unhide:no; mso-style-qformat:yes; mso-style-parent:""; margin:0in; margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:Cambria; mso-ascii-font-family:Cambria; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family:"MS 明朝"; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-fareast; mso-hansi-font-family:Cambria; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi;} a:link, span.MsoHyperlink {mso-style-priority:99; color:blue; mso-themecolor:hyperlink; text-decoration:underline; text-underline:single;} a:visited, span.MsoHyperlinkFollowed {mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-priority:99; color:purple; mso-themecolor:followedhyperlink; text-decoration:underline; text-underline:single;} .MsoChpDefault {mso-style-type:export-only; mso-default-props:yes; font-family:Cambria; mso-ascii-font-family:Cambria; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family:"MS 明朝"; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-fareast; mso-hansi-font-family:Cambria; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi;} @page WordSection1 {size:8.5in 11.0in; margin:1.0in 1.25in 1.0in 1.25in; mso-header-margin:.5in; mso-footer-margin:.5in; mso-paper-source:0;} div.WordSection1 {page:WordSection1;} --> </style> 2002 BMW M5
Price: $22,000
Miles: 82,007
Engine: S62 4.9L V8, 394HP / 369 ft-lb torque
Transmission: 6-speed manual
Exterior Color: Alpine White
Interior Color: Caramel Nappa Heritage (Complete Leather Option)
Location: Acushnet, MA (1 hour south of Boston, MA, 40 minutes east of Providence, RI)
VIN: WBSDE93452CF90652
Number of owners: 3
Contact info: [email protected]
High Resolution photos: https://plus.google.com/photos/1040...s/5887633775383037169?authkey=CKPBn6Di0bvdtQE

Options (there weren’t many on these cars):
- Rare Caramel Complete Leather Interior ((leather on the door pulls, door armrests, door panels, center console, center armrest, sun visors, dashboard, glovebox door, upper door trims and lower B-pillar plus Alcantara on the headliner, A-pillar, upper B-pillar, C-pillar and rear parcel shelf)
- M-Audio (Subwoofers, DSP)

Major Maintenance:

2<sup>nd</sup> Owner purchased the car from Tulley BMW in Nashua, NH as Certified Pre-Owned. Complete service record available. Major service includes:

76425 miles: New Center link, and tie rod ends.
69924 miles: Left and Right front thrust arm bushings
48555 miles: New CD Changer
42365 miles: New Clutch
34340 miles: New front wheel
19680 miles: New front drivers door seal

The good:

- This is a low mile, and extremely clean example of one of the greatest sport sedans ever built. I purchased this as the third owner with the intention of collecting the car, however circumstances in my life have changed (upcoming wedding) and force the sale of this fine example. This is actually my second E39 M5 and due to its extremely clean condition and rare color combination was the one which I intended to store and only drive on special occasions. The complete leather option makes this car truly feel like the special car that it is. I also find the Nappa Heritage seats more comfortable than the sport seats in my 2003 M5 which I daily drive.

-The car pulls strong and shifts smoothly.

- Alaska title in hand. Despite the car being in Massachusetts, I have titled it in Alaska.

- This car shows evidence that it has been garage kept its entire life. It is garage kept now.

- This was a certified pre-owned car when the second owner purchased it, extending the warranty an extra two years. I have a fairly robust collection of BMW service slips, which demonstrate that this car was properly maintained.

- No missing pixels, a common E39 problem.

- Mass Air Flow Sensors appear to be functioning correctly.

- Documented new clutch at 42,000 miles. Clutch feels strong and shows no signs of slipping.

- No corrosion inside gas cap (common E39 problem).

- Low miles (82,000). E39 M5’s with less than 100,000 miles are getting harder and harder to find, unless you shop at a certain dealer in Ohio.

The bad:

-There is a rock chip on the right rear fender. I intended to get this fixed, but I know many people are picky with their bodywork (I certainly am), so I will leave this to the new owner. This is truly minor, as you can see from the photos.

-There is some minor corrosion on the black trim on the rear passenger’s window.

- The auto-dimming feature of the mirror no longer works. Common problem and can be fixed for $99 at Mirror Repair

- There is minor wear on the driver’s door. The handhold used to close the door is showing wear in the leather.

- One wheel has some minor damage, most likely caused by a tire shop improperly mounting/dismounting the tires. The other three wheels are very clean. This is very minor as you can see in the photos.

- Tires should be replaced. The rear tires show about 3/32’s of tread remaining, while the fronts have about 4-5/32’s. If I were keeping the car, I’d get Pilot Super Sports to bring out the true character of the car. I have them on my 2003 and they are far superior to the Dunlops which are on the car now.

Please contact me at [email protected] to see this amazing car and take a test drive

<iframe src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/VnQIyBEydA0" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="315" width="560"></iframe>

Attachments

·
Registered
91 Posts
Hey just to let you know. My eyes are fine but thanks for describing all the pictures for me

·
Registered
36 Posts
Received your PM, luckily your car was already on my radar. Concerned about the Rust spots, and the fact that it is an Alaska/Mass car. Any pics of the underside of the car?

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for your reply.

The car has never seen Alaska. I am active duty military, and my home of record is Alaska, which is why I title and register my cars there. Transferring ownership of this car would be no different than any other state.

The car has primarily been driven in MA by the previous owner, which does get snow, and they do salt the roads I can get pictures of the under body of the car, and if you're interested in seeing the car, I have access to a lift to show you the entire under carriage. Is there anything specific you want to see pictures of underneath?

Thanks,
Roger

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Received your PM, luckily your car was already on my radar. Concerned about the Rust spots, and the fact that it is an Alaska/Mass car. Any pics of the underside of the car?
Below are some photos of the underside. Let me know if there is something more specific you'd like to see.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Attachments

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
I've expanded my ad campaign to autotrader, ebay, the local BMW CCA chapter, and a few other forums. I'd still love to sell it to an M5Board member, so let me know if you'd like to see the car.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Almost gave you a call this weekend as I was down in Newport. Wanted to come swing by and check it out. Still a few months away from being ready to purchase.

Nice ride though. GLWS. :M5thumbs:

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Almost gave you a call this weekend as I was down in Newport. Wanted to come swing by and check it out. Still a few months away from being ready to purchase.

Nice ride though. GLWS. :M5thumbs:
I'm only 30 minutes from Newport. If you're back in the area and want to take a look just let me know. I love showing it.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Interested! Send me a pm if you can. I do not have enough post to send pm's.

Reactions: herrubermensch
1 - 20 of 27 Posts