BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2002 E39 Black on Black M5 for sale in Houston, Texas. I am the second owner, having bought the car with 15,000 miles. I drive the car daily, but live only a few miles from work. The car has been serviced at Advantage BMW since new by the same service advisor. All records are available. I believe my extended warranty is good through November 2008 (I'll check to see if transferable). The only mods to the car are a Supersprint X pipe and Supersprint race exhaust (I believe I posted them on the site a year or so ago). Otherwise the car is all original and in great shape (never tracked or raced). Some minor scratches on the exterior paint, but a deep detail ought to fix those. Car has BMW upgraded seats and alcantera headliner. Changed the battery for the first time a few months ago. Tires are Michelin Pilot Sport with good tread. Let me know if you have questions. The price is $39,800, and I will be listing on EBay if does not sell here.

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
How many miles on it now ? And what are the upgraded seats all about. Post up a few piks. Thanks.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Houston M5

The miles are 34,500 miles. The seats are the ones with the crocodile looking pattern on the center part. Very subtle, but not the standard smooth leather. Will have to wait a bit to post pics as I posted this before doing so.

Where are you in Texas?

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
Dallas. Wood or aluminum trim?

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Houston M5

Aluminum.

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
Pristine condition might get you mid 30's. The values are dropping like a rock.I think your gonna be lucky to get $31-33. I want to see the car. Post up the piks .We come to Houston a few times a year to ride dirt bikes at 3 Palms in Conroe. If I haven't bought one by the next trip down maybe we can get together if you still have it. Thanks.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I will be happy to post pics over the weekend or tomorrow night. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
Pristine condition might get you mid 30's. The values are dropping like a rock.I think your gonna be lucky to get $31-33. I want to see the car. Post up the piks .We come to Houston a few times a year to ride dirt bikes at 3 Palms in Conroe. If I haven't bought one by the next trip down maybe we can get together if you still have it. Thanks.
While the listing price is definately high, the 31-33k price seems low for the mileage. I would say you could get mid 30's if you wait and find the right person.

Ebay will be a waste of time to try to sell what you are looking for. I would also put something in Roundel to try to sell.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for the advice. I am eager to sell, but have been busy traveling and have not had time to clean the beast for photos. Still under 35k miles. I'll post soon, and check out Roundel if necessary. I'll also be lowering the price to hit it right as I really start trying to sell. :cheers:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts