1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Year: 2002
Exterior: Carbon Black
Interior: Black with Aluminum-look trim
Mileage: 131,000 (driven a couple times a week)
Price: $14k
The mileage isn't exact because this car is my daily driver, but it's in the ball park. I recently fixed a valve cover gasket leak, replaced the end links, air filters, wipers and sway bar bracket. The car recently went in to have an issue looked at and the vacuum system was thoroughly checked (several valves and hoses replaced) and the fuel pump was replaced. The car is also taken in once or twice a year just to make sure everything is running properly. Within the past 5000 miles, I had Conti Extreme DWS tires installed along with an alignment.
The car is in great shape and is an absolute blast to drive. I recently purchased a 98 M3, so it's time to sell my M5.

I can't respond to PMs, so shoot me an email at [email protected]

Horns during the valve cover gasket job

I have a bunch of records from the previous owner, owner's manual and several keys

·
Registered
201 Posts
I might be very interested. I will know more soon and will email when I do. Long story short, my current M might be retired.

·
Registered
47 Posts
E39s must go for more out east. Do you have full PO and service history? Still a very attractive price regardless.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
UPDATE: The car is back from the shop and running perfectly. The fuel pump started to go south, so it was replaced. During the install, the fuel supply line for the fuel pump was damaged causing a loss of fuel pressure shortly after the engine was turned off. That line was replaced and everything is working as it should.

So, my loss is your gain. I paid for quite a bit of diagnostic work so the future owner can have a bit more piece of mind.

Vacuum system was checked out. Oil separator and several lines were replaced
MAFs were tested, they are good to go.
New Fuel pump
Injectors are good
New fuel filter and fuel pressure regulator

In the past 6 months
End links
Sway bar bracket
Replaced leaking valve cover gasket
New belts
New air filters
New wipers

Thrust arms were done less than 10k miles ago.

This car was almost sold in April. The prospective buyer paid for a PPI at Redds Automotive in Annapolis, but declined to buy the car for personal reasons (we settled on a price and he was making travel arrangements). I will scan in the report later this weekend, along with the things that I replaced.

Known issues:
-Passenger side window doesn't go all of the way down. I was quoted $450 for the work and new regulator from Redds.
-Rear passenger side shade doesn't retract. I have been checking the classifieds for a replacement
-Slight high speed vibration, PPI report said both front wheels have small bends. I'm going to look at getting these repaired next week. Depends on the wheel shops availability. That being said, the vibration is minor. Even when I'm looking for it, it's difficult to tell.

Someone also mentioned ownership history...

The car was a corporate lease for the first couple of years in Lexington, KY. I have a dealer service report that goes from the 1200 mile check to around 50k miles. The car was then sold to someone (don't have the name) in KY. It was then sold to his BIL, who was the previous owner. At the time, the PO was in charge of Lotus sales for the Mid Atlantic region. He was a car enthusiast and spared no expense maintaining his cars. The M5 served as his wife's DD and OBX shuttle.

Work is pretty busy, but I should respond to email pretty quickly. [email protected]

1 - 8 of 8 Posts