BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
2002 BMW M5- Carbon Black / Black Extended Leather (Luxury Package)

Up for sale is my 2002 M5 in a beautiful Carbon Black color (M only color), with Black Interior, dark wood trim. Car has ~76k miles on it currently. All maintenance records available with the most recent service done at 75k miles. All services have been performed by a Southern California BMW Dealership at the proper intervals. Adult owned, completely stock, never modified, well kept vehicle, with no accidents, clean carfax. Car has all the good options avail: Park distance control, rear fold down seats (highly desirable), extended luxury leather package (leather wrapped dash, center console, door panels, etc), alcantara headliner, M Sound. Car does not have the side airbags in the rear passenger doors, this was good for me as I put kids in the car. Tires replaced recently, so tread wear is good. Car still running on original clutch. Please note, this is an 8 year old car, so expect some curb rash on the wheels (pretty typical on these M5's), some wear on the leather (soft and supple, but the luxury leather shows signs of wear more than the sport interior in general). Overall, this is a well taken care of vehicle which should make a new owner happy.

$22.5k obo. Car is located in Southern California.

Pictures to come soon...but here are a couple for the time being.
http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f281/joejee02/m51.jpg
http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f281/joejee02/m53.jpg

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
GLWs never knew there was a option for rear side airbags not to be there, I thought it was standard.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
GLWs never knew there was a option for rear side airbags not to be there, I thought it was standard.

Thank you for the "glws"...much appreciated.

Yeah apparantly in 2002 only, the rear side airbags were a "no cost option"....It has been mentioned in a few places on the forum plus referenced on edmunds.com:

full review here:
2002 BMW M5 Review and Specs

"For 2002, the rear seat side airbags have been removed from the standard equipment list (a nod, no doubt, to parents who worry about injury potential for out-of-position children). However, if you carry only adults in back and desire the extra padding, they remain a no-cost option."What Edmunds.com says

The 2002 BMW M5 is the king of all performance sedans, a classic for the ages.

Pros

Stellar performance, attractive and luxurious interior, understated appearance.

Cons

$70,000 price tag, small gauges, understated appearance might not be flashy enough for some.

What's New for 2002

BMW's top performance sedan gets some new exterior colors. Rear side-impact airbags are now a no-charge option, rather than standard.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I will get pictures this weekend. Also, I am moving the price down, I just want to get things going.

Price: $21,700

·
Registered
1 Posts
E39

Interested! I was wondering if you could send me more detail pictures so I can have a better look on the car?
If not, since we're local maybe we could arrange a time for me to come down and take a look at the car?

Thanks! :hihi:

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I plan on taking pics this weekend for you and a couple others interested in the car. stay tuned:)

thanks guys.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I'm certainly interested in your M5. I'm in Woodland Hills and would like to check out the vehicle (as the weather permits). Are you the original owner? Can I review the carfax? You can reach me @ [email protected] , thank you in advance! :cheers:

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'm in Valencia. Just let me know when you would like to see the car. It freaking snowed up here last couple of days haha. I can get you the carfax from September. I bought the car recently off an older gentleman in So Cali. He was the original owner. I have owned the car for a couple thousand miles. The car was not the ideal color for me, but the rarity of these cars in this condition with full records pushed me to buy it. I simply didnt want to pass up a car like this. I now have two M5's as I purchased a different color. Let me know. I love both cars, have no problems keeping both, but it makes more sense for 1 to go.

Here is my email: [email protected]

·
Registered
295 Posts
Nice M5!

·
Registered
95 Posts
I'm in Valencia. Just let me know when you would like to see the car. It freaking snowed up here last couple of days haha. I can get you the carfax from September. I bought the car recently off an older gentleman in So Cali. He was the original owner. I have owned the car for a couple thousand miles. The car was not the ideal color for me, but the rarity of these cars in this condition with full records pushed me to buy it. I simply didnt want to pass up a car like this. I now have two M5's as I purchased a different color. Let me know. I love both cars, have no problems keeping both, but it makes more sense for 1 to go.

Here is my email: [email protected]
Sounds good! I just sent you an email:cheers:

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
ok, for those who expressed interest in the car, you all know I dont want to show the car till the weekend.

my first showing is on Saturday a.m. If you would like to schedule a time after this, let me know. I kinda lost track of all the people who called. For the local guys who have called me, I do have have one person up North who is very interested and I want to give him the opportunity to let me know what he wants to do, he is driving up Saturday morning. If you want to schedule something for Saturday afternoon, or just want to see the car just in case so you're ready to go, let me know.

Thank you all for your interest.

·
Registered
424 Posts
GLWS, Very Clean!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts