BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My 2001 M5 is for sale and hate to see it go. I am a long time BMWCCA member and have carefully maintained the car. Relevant details:

- Asking $18,000 OBO
- ~83,500 miles
- Titanium silver, black luxury interior (wood trim)
- M Audio
- Full leather interior - dashboard, doors, alcantara headliner
- Upgraded to MKIV DVD nav with latest firmware with new DVD drive
- DICE iPod/HD radio adapter installed
- UUC V12 lightweight flywheel/clutch
- Rogue SSK
- UUC Corsa exhaust. Really great sound at WOT while being quite subtle at normal speeds/RPMs. Original exhaust included.
- 18x9.5 OE wheels all around with 275/35-18 Sumitomo HTRZIII tires with less than 10k miles
- Oil changes every 5k miles only with BMW OE filter and oil
- No dead pixels in the MID
- Hardwire for V1 installed (V1 not included)

Service done at MrMCar by Don Fields within the last 15k miles:
- New thermostat and hoses
- Secondary air injection system tubes removed and cleaned, passages in head flushed
- New valve cover breather hosts
- New driveshaft center bearing
- New front O2 sensors

I am the second owner and bought it from a friend in April 2007. The car is in excellent shape - detailed regularly, leather treated with Leatherique. The most significant thing to note is that the Carfax shows a repair of the rear bumper - the first owner backed into a pole at low speed and used insurance to have the bumper resprayed. The match is perfect - I can't see it and I (unfortunately) have a lot of experience with body shops and finding paintwork. Funny thing is that it doesn't even show up on the Autocheck report. Other than a small nick in the rear bumper and small rock chips on the front, the paint is excellent.

Unfortunately maintenance records are not available as the first owner did not keep them and my friends and I have performed most of the maintenance since I got the car.

The car is in Shrewsbury, NJ. VIN will be sent upon request. An Autocheck report can be emailed as well. Pics are here:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/rudngo/...th/5539910221/

Please note that the snow tires and wheels are mounted in most of the pics. The last two pics are with the summer wheels and tires mounted.

Please contact me at rudngo(at)yahoo(dot)com.

Thanks,
Dave

<!-- / message -->

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Summer tires and wheels are now on.

Forgot to mention - the car also has the Beastpower billet aluminum rear sway bar brackets.

Dave

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
Beautiful. Couple questions:

1. When was the clutch/flywheel done? Miles/year?

2. Snow tires/wheels included? Are they the 18x8s from the OE wheels?

Looks really great. I wasn't planning on being in the market till fall, but, um....

:)

Joe

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Joe,

Thanks for your comments.

1. Clutch/flywheel were done about 3.5 years ago, around 30k miles.

2. Snow tires and wheels are included. They are indeed the OE fronts. I use the rears for the summer tires.

Thanks,
Dave

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
Do you accept checks dated October? Hhehe. I really wanted to sell my 99 boxster first, but on paper yours is very close to what I was looking for in terms of condition, mileage, and "things taken care of" list. I'm assuming with your history that the UUC kit was an organic clutch disk and not one of the ceramic or puck designs.

I don't want to be a tire kicker and you just put this up - if no one serious comes along in 2-3 weeks, hit me up and I'll travel out to see it. I might put my boxster up for sale sooner than I expected...

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Do you accept checks dated October? Hhehe. I really wanted to sell my 99 boxster first, but on paper yours is very close to what I was looking for in terms of condition, mileage, and "things taken care of" list. I'm assuming with your history that the UUC kit was an organic clutch disk and not one of the ceramic or puck designs.

I don't want to be a tire kicker and you just put this up - if no one serious comes along in 2-3 weeks, hit me up and I'll travel out to see it. I might put my boxster up for sale sooner than I expected...
:) Yes, the UUC clutch is the Performance Organic clutch.

Thanks,
Dave

1 - 7 of 7 Posts