BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
I'm looking for the 2001+ style euro lights (clear corners) for my 2000 M5. I don't care too much about DDE's (angel eyes). The main point is the 2001+ look and clear corners instead of amber.

Has anyone tried these from procarparts.com? They are only the housing's, no lights which is fine because I already have Xenon's.

http://www.procarparts.com/store-detail.asp?sku=BM9739%2D10326PJX&dbname=onlinestoreDB

The other option would be the Euro/Xenon/DDE lights from umnitza.com which look great, but I don't want to switch my factory Xenon's if I don't have to.

Any thoughts?

thanks in advance... josh

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
It's an interesting thought.. would the model year 2000 xenon bulbs look the same in this setup as the stock 2001+? Is it truly plug-and-play? It looks like it might be too much trouble. I would suggest calling them up and seeing exactly what is necessary.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Those are for the halogen only ... I do not believe that you can use the same, due to the lack of the self leveling. Check, as I just bought some (another place) and checked with many suppliers.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for the replies.

m'ster, would this mean that I could use these but I would only lack the auto-leveling feature? I don;t care too much about that.

Umnitza, it would be great if you could chime in here.

·
Registered
37 Posts
jkarp said:
thanks for the replies.

m'ster, would this mean that I could use these but I would only lack the auto-leveling feature? I don;t care too much about that.

Umnitza, it would be great if you could chime in here.
I honestly do not know if the auto leveling feature is the only thing that is an issue. I bought mine from www.germanstuff4you.com and they carry both (halogen and Xenon). They are out of Germany and ship very quickly, at great prices. I might have just gotten nervous with all of the people stating that I could not use the halogen bracket with Xenons ... so I paid. Check around at the link above, or www.bekkers.com (Georgia) and call to inquire, as I do not want to give you wrong information.

Anyone else have some insight?

Scott

1 - 5 of 5 Posts