BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's pics of 2001 Royal red 2001 M5 at
California autoshow in Anaheim. Personally
I think it looked terrible in person, I prefer Le.Blue or C.Black. The 2001 headlight
look really nice the more I look at them.
I was shocked when I over heard the sales rep (in his late 40's) telling a customer something like "The M5 cost $79,995 msrp and it includes option you see here..bla bla bla..The automatic transmission is optional.." What a idiot, then he said they
sold a M5 for $104,000 ...man, I wish I check and see which dealer he was working for
I've never buy from them. Anyway enjoy the pics and post more pics of your 2001 M5!!
I've enjoys them.

JC

·
Registered
1,850 Posts
automatic transmission is optional ???

·
Registered
2,009 Posts
I have to disagree. Every time I see that color now, I like it more. Stunning.

·
Registered
2,009 Posts
I thought 2001's were to have sensors on the front bumper...?

(Never mind...perhaps this one doesn't have PDC)

[This message has been edited by alpywhite (edited 10 November 2000).]

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
This one does not have the PDC. The color look better here because of the flash from my camera but in person it's much darker almost brown. Maybe it's because of the indoor lighting. Anyway beside the color
the 2001 model look so much more aggressive!! I love it.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Originally posted by JCM5:
...almost brown.
Royal Red looks very good in normal daylight... sortof like a red wine color.

However, at night underneath street lights, it can take on that "brown" look.

·
Registered
2,723 Posts
I agree, not terrible. I saw one in SC with caramel int and it was gorgeous. It looked different than this post in bright sunlight.
I liked and took a pic, going away this weekend but will try to upload it when I get back.

Much more flattering pic.

------------------
Jim
07/00 M5 Titanium over Red

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
I agree with Jim & Alpy. This color, especially outside, looks really classy. It was the most pleasant surprise to me in Spartanburg, but they didn't have a LeMans blue, which I've seen here at the dealer. I admit to copping out a bit with Titanium Silver, which does look great. At the time I placed an order, seeing these cars in person wasn't possible.

Jim

·
Registered
302 Posts
Hey JC,

Sorry to disagree but I think the Royal Red looks great. I went with Anthracite. I like the Carbon Black and was blown away by the Le Mans Blue. Silverstone wasn't that bad and Titanium is just too BMW.

Royal Red was a definite stand out at our CT M5 meet back in July. Witness the following pic and caption from the www.bmw.registry site:

"...Royal Red M5 was the color that stood out the most! I can't believe how beautiful the color was. Classy, yet sporty. It even has a Chrome Line Exterior."

[This message has been edited by Tom M (edited 11 November 2000).]

·
Registered
372 Posts
I like that color. Reminds me of a toned-down cherry red. Car looks nice. Don't forget, artivicial vs natural lighting makes a big difference.

Now, did anyone else notice the wheels on that royal red show car? Don't they look much brighter than normal M5 wheels? Almost polished? I like them... especially if they are polished!

·
Registered
1,850 Posts
The car is nice but it depends what you are looking for form you M5 if it the aggressive look or the more conservative look. So it all depends on what you are looking for.

[This message has been edited by Mattar (edited 11 November 2000).]

·
Registered
2,009 Posts
Maybe if BMW actually did brighten it up from the brownishness you guys describe, we'd have ourselves quite a color...more like a Ruby...

·
Registered
138 Posts
I have a Royal Red/Caramel. I had no idea what the color would look like when I ordered it because the color chip was about 1/2" square and printed on cardboard. I was pretty nervous about it for the seven months I waited for it. I kept thinking it was going to look like a Ford F 150 pickup truck color.
When I took delivery of the car it was sitting out in the sun and it was gorgeous. It is a very deep burgundy with gold highlights. Glad I got it, but it would have been nice if the dealer had better color chips to select from. Reduce a lot of stress when ordering the "non-standard" BMW colors.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts