BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have owned 5 BMWs and currently have had a 91 M5 for ten years and love the car as the only car that gives what I call "instant gratification" No lean No lag No hesitation. Anyway I have been notified that I am the head of the list and can order my new M5. I want to be prepared. Several questions:
1)Is The wood available with the sport Nappa leather #774 club bruyere? 2} Is there a disc player available that allows inserting a disc in the dash rather than having to go to the trunk to place a disc? 3) Is the alcantara roof liner available with Nappa point sport interior? 4)How much is the new audio enhanced bass system and do you think it is worth the extra price and does it allow dash access to the disc player? 5) how do I tell for sure that the car I am ordering is definitiely a 2001 model...is there a serial number way of knowing. Thanks so much. This is my first post but I have avidly followed this board for a year now.

·
Registered
417 Posts
There is no real definitive word on the 2001, I talked to consumer support at BWMNA and he said that there will be very few things "for sure" until production starts. With that said, I'll try to help using the info I've gathered placing my 2001 order which will be delivered in late Oct.

1) Don't know, I got the metallic trim hoping that any flaking issues would be resolved for the 2001.

2) An in-dash CD or MiniDisc player is available, but it would eliminate the GPS since it goes in the same spot. It is an option intended for lower-end 5ers that don't have GPS.

3)Alcantara roof liner is standard with sportive trim.

4)Price will not be available until Sept., I chose to have it...don't think it will exceed $2k.

5)The production allocation you will get tells the tale of the model year. If you don't have an order in on a new one by now, it's gonna be a 2001. I was supposed to have a 2000 delivered in Aug., but my allocation slipped.

All of this I gathered from BMWNA and my dealer. I hope it is accurate, given the extra wait I had to endure (will be 14months), all I can hope is that it arrives equipped the way I intended.

btw, the dealer told me the remote garage transmitter is included as well...don't know if it's going to be built with it, or if the dealer is installing a free-bee once the car arrives.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts