BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a September production / October delivery car that needs to be spec'd before the end of this month. I've been waiting for 14 months, and in May I found a car elsewhere for $10,000 over MSRP and took it (got it three weeks ago!). I would like to get some of my money back, if anyone is interested, I'm offering my allocation for $7,500.

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
A suggestion...

Sell your car now for whatever the market will bear & take the '01. It's a more desirable car.

I also have an October build with Dec / Jan delivery.

Enjoy!

'93 M5 (hate to part with it)
'01 M5 (Le Mans)

·
Registered
417 Posts
Blue Max,
I recently lost my 2000 allocation and it slipped into 2001. I'm still upset about it, what do you mean by "more desirable car"? Do you have Lemans on order for the new one? What interior do you currently have, and have on order? I'm only curious since the window to change options is closing. I could not order all-leather for my Lemans/Lemans 2001, the dealer and I were baffled as to why. I did opt for the "M-Audio" package though.

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
The current car is all black. Looks good but I wanted a diiferent combo this time. I have Le Mans/ Le Mans sportive interior on order. I must have the cool sunshades so I stuck with extended leather. As more details are released about the'01 I will have a chance to add or change options.

The reason the '01 is more desirable It will have minor changes & hopefully some bugs will be fixed.

Enjoy!

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
On the contrary, I think the 2000 might be more desireable.

It all depends on the production #'s for the 01's....they might make more, they might make less. Also depends on the styling changes. Will they go on the M5? Will the changes be for the '02 production year as well? How long will M5 production continue?

I have a sneaking feeling that ALL M Cars will be sold out for ALL Years. This car has had so much press (unlike previous M5s) in the U.S. that there is a high enough demand.

-Chris

·
Registered
3,144 Posts
I agree. It's like the mk1 507 vs mk2. Much different price values. Besides, the new headlights are just plain dumb.

--Dan

1 - 6 of 6 Posts