BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked up my 2001 M5 tonight, jet black, black luxury, etc...
What an exciting automobile!!! I'm still trying to figure out all the buttons and stuff!! Probably take me a month to get used to it. But, hey.. that's half the fun.

------------------
BEAR

·
Registered
907 Posts
Bear,

There seems to be a debate on the bimmer.org M5 board about the wheels. Does your 2001 M5 still have the greyish shadow chrome wheels? Someone on the other board is swearing that he's seen a 2001 with shiny chrome OEM wheels. If that's the case, I would have to believe that some after-market mod was made. But, it's my speculation that this is just bad info. Tell us about your wheels.

MJ
'00 M5 (11/99) almost time to say buh-bye
'01 M5 (9/00) at the VPC now, should have next week

·
Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
MJ,
My 2001 has the same wheels as the 2000, no difference at all.

Originally posted by MJ:
Bear,

There seems to be a debate on the bimmer.org M5 board about the wheels. Does your 2001 M5 still have the greyish shadow chrome wheels? Someone on the other board is swearing that he's seen a 2001 with shiny chrome OEM wheels. If that's the case, I would have to believe that some after-market mod was made. But, it's my speculation that this is just bad info. Tell us about your wheels.

MJ
'00 M5 (11/99) almost time to say buh-bye
'01 M5 (9/00) at the VPC now, should have next week

------------------
BEAR

·
Registered
1,850 Posts
I HOPE IT DOES! does it come with the real aluminum dash ???????????

·
Registered
417 Posts
I've seen two 2001's now, both had the same wheels. I can't comment on if they are slightly ligher colored than before, as I didn't really pay too much attention to the darkness of the 2000's when I saw them.

·
Registered
417 Posts
just to clarify:
By saying "both had the same wheels", I meant that both the 2001's I saw had the same wheels as the 2000's.

·
Registered
13,638 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts