BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gang,

I have officially left the BMW camp and headed up the road a piece to Stuttgart. The 2001 Imola Red M5 is gone and has been replaced with a 2001 Speed Yellow 996 TT. It has black full leather and full carbon fiber interior kit. There are some things that I will miss about the e39, but most of that has been taken care of with the addition of a 2000 F250 crewcab 4X4 turbodiesel. My BMW was perfect for the time but the 996 fits like a glove as well. Its funny how many people who drive M5's also have a passion for the 996 TT's. They seem to attract the same folks. Maybe its just simply an appreciation for good hardware. Yall take care and I will check in from time to time,
Hunter :byee55amg

·
Registered
2,564 Posts
Congrats! The 996TT is a wonderful car, and one heck of a performer. Post some pics if you have the time, as I really like them in yellow. Come to think of it, that is one of the few cars I do like in yellow...
:cheers:

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I tried to post a pic, but it kept saying the server was experiencing problems.......Tried three times. I might have to reduce the picture size as well because they are about 1.5 meg each.

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
hunterp said:
I tried to post a pic, but it kept saying the server was experiencing problems.......Tried three times. I might have to reduce the picture size as well because they are about 1.5 meg each.
Congrats on the new ride...since you are a new M5 member 'still warming up', they probably have the "P" filter still on. :p
Ken

·
Registered
224 Posts
Hi!

Well, your new car it's good enough! I like that model but I'm not a big Porsche fan! I think if I were you I would buy a Gallardo/I've seen one yesterday mmmmmm / or a Murciélago prefer! :1:

Bye!
:byebye:

·
Registered
3,176 Posts
hunterp said:
Its funny how many people who drive M5's also have a passion for the 996 TT's. They seem to attract the same folks. Maybe its just simply an appreciation for good hardware. Yall take care and I will check in from time to time,
Couldn't agree with you more.

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
hunterp said:
They seem to attract the same folks. Maybe its just simply an appreciation for good hardware. Yall take care and I will check in from time to time,
Congrats!

Also, the 911 TT is purported to be one of the most practical sportscars, so it is aligned with the practical nature of an M5 enthusiast. And a non turbo 911 probably isn't as compelling, since the M5 has such a strong engine. I know that I am waiting until I can afford the TT.

Someday I hope to get one. My acquitisition plan is within 4 years.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Gang,
Since I am a newbie, people are telling me that I may not be allowed to post a pic. If that is the case, how do I get this restriction removed? There is also a possibility the picture file is too large (1.5 meg). If that is the problem, how do I reduce the size of the picture and/or file? It was taken with a 4 megapixal camera.
Hunter
PS: if someone has picture privledges, I could e-mail it to you and your could post it in your reply???

·
Registered
12,987 Posts
As long as you can give up the carrying capactiy for people and stuff, and don't mind a firmer ride, the TT is a great everyday sports car! I add to the chorus of those clamoring for some pics! :thumbsup:
Regards,
Jerry

·
M5 Extraordinare!
8,318 Posts
Here is Hunter's beautiful 996TT! :cool2:

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Jason,

Thanks a ton for posting the pics. By the way, the bling bling chrome rims are being swapped out this week with a guy who wanted chrome rims. Not my taste but it is what it came with.

Hunter

·
M5 Extraordinare!
8,318 Posts
Here's another picture sent to me by Hunter:

·
Registered
2,564 Posts
hunterp said:
By the way, the bling bling chrome rims are being swapped out this week with a guy who wanted chrome rims. Not my taste but it is what it came with.

Hunter
Oh thank god! I hate chrome rims, and that was my only complaint with the car. Good work getting those taken care of! :thumbsup: She's a beauty, and you are one lucky man. If there is anything that succesfully replaces an beast, it would have to be IMO a P-car.
:cheers:

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
hunterp said:
Since I am a newbie, people are telling me that I may not be allowed to post a pic.
Hunter..firstly man the newbie "P" filter thing was meant to be a joke, ouich more importantly though, great machines (Porsche, 4X4, Play rig). My favorite color..last week on the way home as I drove by the Holiday Inn outside of town the parking lot was full of Turbos, GT3s, and GT2s all involved at a club event at Hochenheim over the weekend.. Half of them were yellow, thought it was a sun flower field at first. ??????
Ken

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
What's a good price for a 2001 TT, manual, with less than 30,000 miles, reasonably equipped?

I see a wide range here in Southern CA. Anything from $69,000 - $81,000, asking prices.

The $81,000 has navigation and extensive CF interior, at a used car dealer.

The $69,000 had suspension and software mods, from a private seller.

And a variety in between with misc equipment and conditions.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
My car had just about every option available (including full carbon fiber) with the exception of Nav. It is Speed yellow with black leather and had 27K miles. It needed tires but that was it. The car stickered for 129K in 2001 and I paid 70K even. Bought the car in PHX a month ago with a 4 year and up to 100K warranty. Very very nice cars can be bought for 70K-75K if you are patient.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Nice Porsche! I got rid of my 993 Cabrio for my M5. Love the M5 more - better overall performer than the Porsche, but the TT is the car to get. Love to have both, but other issues and money are a problem now. Good luck! Beautiful car. Maybe I'll treat myself in a few years.:2:

1 - 20 of 32 Posts