BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Up for sale is my 2001 M5 that I purchased around this time last year from a fellow enthusiast. Having owned multiple M cars over the last few years, I know the TLC that this one needs and have spared no expense in making sure it's well taken care of. Maintenance records go back to the original owner, and most recent ones come from myself and the previous owner who also took great care of the car. I am adding some details below, and am happy to provide any more information, carfax, receipts, maintenance records, pics etc. for serious buyers. Willing to facilitate PPI, shipping etc. Please PM me for more details.

I have spent over $10k in maintenance and upgrades within the last year because I originally wanted to keep this car for a few more years. Love this car and the way it drives, but itching for a 911 so must make room.

Black exterior with Caramel interior
Always garaged with battery tender, no rust on body or underbody, no mechanical or electrical issues.
Approx 127k-128k miles.
Asking $25,000 but willing to negotiate for a quick sale.

Exterior Upgrades

Full paint correction
Full ceramic pro
35% Ceramic Tint (MA legal)
Dinan Badge (Uninstalled but available with car)
M Puddle Lights

Interior Upgrades
03 Steering Wheel
03 Multimedia with Nav
Bluetooth
OEM All Weather Mats

Performance Upgrades
Dinan Carbon Fiber Intakes
Dinan Exhaust
Dinan Suspension
Dinan Front Strut Tower Bar
Dinan Tune
Eibach Sway Bars
UUC Short Shifter

Recent Maintenance (Last 20k miles)
MAFs
CPS
Cooling System
Weather Stripping
Headlight / Mirror Motors
Power Steering System
Airbag Recall

Even More Recent (Last 5k miles)
Oil & Filter Change
Ignition System
Full Suspension Overhaul (control arms, springs, shocks, bushings, linkages etc.)
SS Brake Lines + Brake Fluid
Transmission Fluid
Diff Fluid
Alignment
New Battery
Fuel Pump + Filter
O2 Sensors
Rear Tires (Michelin PS4S)

All of the work under my ownership has been performed by Auto Engineering in Lexington MA. They are a top notch shop - The tech owns an E92 & E46 M3 and the service manager has owned an E39 M5 for the longest time. They know what they are doing!

Included in Sale
Dinan Badge
OEM M Floor Mats
OEM All Weather Floor Mats
One Set OEM Wheels w Snow Tires
One Set OEM Wheels w Summer Tires

Disclosures
  • Car needs a DMTL pump. I don't drive it all right now so haven't bothered replacing.
  • Cats are wearing out and will need replacing. Or not, depends on the next owner's preference since it's emissions exempt due to age.
  • Both of the above cause an SES that comes and goes every few weeks. I checked with the tech and it seems that neither of these harm the car or affect driving.
  • Rear bumper was replaced with a brand new OEM bumper (sourced from Bimmerworld) that was subsequently painted and installed by a reputable body shop.
  • Carfax shows the above as 'damage reported' because that's what they do. However, I have pics of actual damage and it was so minor that even the styrofoam padding was in one piece.
  • Interior / Exterior has obvious signs of age & mileage but the paint correction and ceramic coating has done wonders.
  • One rear wheel has some curb rash.
  • Car needs new front summer tires.

Attachments

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Bump up. Uploaded more pics and added more details. Can provide a lot more info and facilitate PPI for serious buyers.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts